Page 4 of 256 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Watches

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Batt 57 View Post
    Rob,

Save your money and get a MONSTER!

Feedback Score
    It seems like a lot of gun people are also watch people. I think it has something to do with a fascination of fine mechanical devices. Or a penis thing.

Anyway, here's some of mine (um, watches).
    Nothing too special.

Lesser stuff:

Feedback Score
    I'm glad to see my combined interest in guns and watches isn't abnormal.
    My daily wear:

Feedback Score
    1 (75%)
    Man I feel bad now. The most I have ever spent is $350 for a Casio Silver Pathfinder. One day I hope to know enough about shooting to need a 5.11 HRT Stainless Steel Watch. Guess I am not a high end person

Feedback Score
    The Doxa Shark Hunter on the right is my everyday work watch the Omega Seamaster is my weekend watch. The Sinn U1 maybe U2 I've been looking at for awhile.

The Doxa is a very unique watch gets a lot of attention and I really don't baby it as much as I should considering the prices on them just went up.
    "Semper Fidelis, Semper Paratus"

Feedback Score
    I'm sure this has since changed due to inflation, but when I was in Thailand a in 2005 I could have paid for my trip with the money I saved on a nice watch. I almost caved in and bought a Breitling or Omega, but didn't end up pulling the trigger. On average, they were 30-40% less than U.S. prices.
    --Nick
    Owner, Reptilia & Side Project, LLC

Feedback Score

Talking

I was lucky enough to get a Rolex Submariner when I graduated from flight school 22 years ago and its still looks and runs very well. I was lucky enough again when an ex girlfriend bought me a Breitling a few years ago. Great watch, but wear my casio triple sensor watch the most for day to day wear. I'd probably buy some more ammo though!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Yup. Just a wee bit into watches.
    Yep, between you and Jason D. a man could waste alot of good gun shop visiting time in "gucci watch shops" when travelling with the both of you. Well that and laughing at Jason D. buying two left boots at small world wally world.

S/F
    P.S. not a big watch guy myself, but will definitely take a Rolex Oyster if given to me. Until then I'll continue to roll with my Luminox. It has literally travelled around the world over the last ten years (twice to the kitty litter box, plus HOA and SEA). It has dove to 120ft and fallen out of a perfectly good aircraft at 14,000 feet while attached to my wrist. Only needed to change the battery once.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Oh, you sunzabitches.... Just what I needed. I thought I'd had that addiction kicked.

Now...either the Dirk Pitt Doxa or one of the Marathons.

****ers.

Feedback Score
    I have 3 Rolex's- two Submariners and a 2 tone GMT- all gifts going back to the first in 1968.
    I have worn a Zodiac Sea Wolf and a Seiko Dive watch, whatever the nomenclature was, in the day.
    But i have worn the Sub or GMT about everyday of my life with few exceptions, CONUS and OCONUS, as a cop, Marine and other. I've jumped with it, blew bubbles, got in gunfights, a/c mishaps and everything in between.
    At one address, it was almost mandatory to distinguish shooters from the pukes (although there were also a lot of other, more visual cues).
    I have no reason for anything else.
    I bought She Who Must Be Obeyed an Oyster, 2 tone, champagne dial, diamond bezel and whatever for her Birthday last year. A Very Smart Move on my part...

Page 4 of 256 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast