Page 5 of 256 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Watches

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat_Rogers View Post
    I have 3 Rolex's- two Submariners and a 2 tone GMT- all gifts going back to the first in 1968.
    I have worn a Zodiac Sea Wolf and a Seiko Dive watch, whatever the nomenclature was, in the day.
    But i have worn the Sub or GMT about everyday of my life with few exceptions, CONUS and OCONUS, as a cop, Marine and other. I've jumped with it, blew bubbles, got in gunfights, a/c mishaps and everything in between.
    At one address, it was almost mandatory to distinguish shooters from the pukes (although there were also a lot of other, more visual cues).
    I have no reason for anything else.
    I bought She Who Must Be Obeyed an Oyster, 2 tone, champagne dial, diamond bezel and whatever for her Birthday last year. A Very Smart Move on my part...
    At the risk of inviting range mishaps...my Dad had one of those Zodiac Sea Wolf...were they issued anywhere? He never said where he got it.

Feedback Score
    Roger, they were.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I like that name...

I have 3 Rolex's- two Submariners...
    Mmmm. Submariner.

Someday. Today it's ammunition and education for off-spring.

But i have worn the Sub or GMT about everyday of my life with few exceptions, CONUS and OCONUS, as a cop, Marine and other. I've jumped with it, blew bubbles, got in gunfights, a/c mishaps and everything in between.
    Jeez, Pat. You should offer to do a mosaic pictorial ad for Rolex with that line.
    Last edited by Submariner; 08-23-07 at 08:04. Reason: Add comment.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    We thought about that once. Prior to a deployment once everyone on my team had a Submariner. We realized early on though that Rolex is more interested in fat opera singers and yachty people then trigger pullers.

While it is a tool, it is also a statement in some places- FWTIW.
    At this stage of my life i can't see transitioning to another watch. I have multiple platforms that give me GPS time, azimuth's, barometric readings and the like. I need the watch for everyday time telling.
    And pissing off some people.....

Feedback Score
    And pissing off some people.....
    Excellent!

I am not yet at a point where I can justify the watches that I would like to own. While at work, I wear one of four G-Shocks, as I often find myself in various "hands on" operations that would damage most watches. I occasionally rotate in my Citizen Eco Drive Diver, or one of my five Seiko Automatic Divers when I am not in uniform.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dubb-1 View Post
    Excellent!

I am not yet at a point where I can justify the watches that I would like to own. While at work, I wear one of four G-Shocks, as I often find myself in various "hands on" operations that would damage most watches. I occasionally rotate in my Citizen Eco Drive Diver, or one of my five Seiko Automatic Divers when I am not in uniform.

Hmm. Hands on. Does that mean help folks in and out of their vehicles?

C4

Feedback Score
    FJB claimed:
    Yep, between you and Jason D. a man could waste alot of good gun shop visiting time in "gucci watch shops" when travelling with the both of you. Well that and laughing at Jason D. buying two left boots at small world wally world.
    I'm a watch slut. I admit it. A funny thing is seeing the reaction of folks when I wear the Omega to work.

Now, Jason and the two left boots, especially given the wx that day, ... extremely funny. And he has pretty much gotten a pass on that too.

Not the Omega.
    Last edited by Erick Gelhaus; 08-27-07 at 23:01. Reason: re-size image
    Yup, I'm a Dinosaur!

Feedback Score
    The most expensive watch I have ever owned was a Timex that I purchased for 39 dollars. I brought it in 1995 and still own it today.

Feedback Score
    I have about a dozen different watches. Most are inexpensive ones, like the Fossil titanium diver I got at their outlet in Leesburg, or the 'blemished' Seiko Couture diver from their outlet.

But I have my black Monster, and my old Heuer, and my reliable "go-to" watches, the G-Shocks.

The most expensive watch I ever bought was not for me; it's the TAG I bought for my Wife's 40th birthday. Some things are just an investment.

Maybe next year when I turn 45 I'll get myself a nice new "tier 1" watch. Or a .45 Bushmaster upper. One of the two.

Hmmmmmmmmmm..............................

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I've worn the same basic TAG for years; bought the wife a proper Longines, and that's about as deep into elite watches as I've dared get.

Love those Sinns, though. They are made right down the road from me, but you'll actually get a better price there, given the Euro exchange rate and German VAT.

Chief

Page 5 of 256 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast