Page 52 of 256 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Watches

Feedback Score
    I need a "tactical" watch for LLVI training and decided on the Casio Pathfinder. It came highly recommended by some PJ's and TACP's I know. I should have it in a couple of weeks

Last edited by variablebinary; 07-17-10 at 18:58.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Definately well said Will.

I collect watches and love mechanical ones, whether they be automatics or hand crankers. I currently only have 4 in my collection, but at one time I had around 10, till I sold some to help fund a different watch or a firearm purchase. I have 2 'high end' watches. All my watches are high quality, some are just price a little more reasonably than others. I guess like any hobby, it's what you're willing to spend to indulge in it.
    Last edited by murphy j; 07-17-10 at 19:04.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Lets see them

I got my dream watch after achieving one of my first big life goals as a present to myself to commemorate the success. An original IWC Doppel Chronograph with bracelet. Unfortunately it currently resides on the wrist of one of my lawyers

I still have a Bell & Ross Limited Edition 1 of 300 Titanium Diver TE Chronograph. It will probably be sold soon to pay my other lawyers Its even more rare than the other 299 as I had B&R customize the hands for me back when Pierre Halimi ran B&R USA. Its pretty lekker time piece for mil use and diving.

When my divorce and surgeries are all paid off I will most likely get an IWC Auquatimer GST in Titanium and call it quits on watch collecting until I'm economically back in the pula again.
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'd love to post pics if I knew how to from an Iphone. I've had this thing since just before last Christmas, but I'm so technologically challenged that I haven't figured it out yet. I'll be more than happy to list them though .

My 2 'High End' watches are.....
    1997 Rolex Submariner 16610 (anniversary present from my wife. Also a Grail for me.

Anonimo Millimetri.... Traded an Omega 2254.50 Seamaster Professional for this one.

MKII Stingray 50/70.... Ordered this one custom while I was in Iraq in '08 and my timing was perfect as it arrived just a couple weeks before I got home.

Seiko diver.... Not sure which model, but it had a jubilee style bracelet and a pepsi bezel so I went for it as I hadn't had a Seiko in my collection yet.

In the past I've had a Sinn 256, Tigershark diver, Marathon GSAR, Luminox, Orsa mil-style, Benrus Type I homage (rayrus), an original Bulova Accutron Astronaut and a couple others I can't remember right now. Other than the Accutron I found I didn't really have an affinity for the quartz stuff and prefer the mechanicals. I find that watches are not only a piece of functional jewelry for a man, but are also a piece of functional art (at least the mechanicals) and they are also a tool.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I just bought a Marathon TSAR and Zulu band last week to replace my 12 year old Luminox. So far, I'm really digging it. It seems to be a pretty nice watch and does what I need it to do; tell time.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by donr101395 View Post
    I just bought a Marathon TSAR and Zulu band last week to replace my 12 year old Luminox. So far, I'm really digging it. It seems to be a pretty nice watch and does what I need it to do; tell time.
    The TSAR is an excellent watch that can take tons of abuse. I beat the crap out of my GSAR while on deployment and couldn't have been happier with it's performance. I expect you'll get similar results.
    Last edited by murphy j; 07-17-10 at 21:58. Reason: Grammar

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Watches have historically been for lack of a better word a type of status symbol for a man, not of his affluence but how important time (his time) is to him regardless of social class. For sailors they were life or death. I used to B&R for cartography work and jungle navigation often. Unfortunately I can't read the hands on chronograph subdials any more without reading glasses. Really p!$$es me off

I had a boss one time showing off his Bulgari to me as if he had joined the club and I explained to him that that particular Bulagari was pure jewelry and the movement was a buick. He was a jerk and had it coming

I have always liked IWC for its simple almost austere aesthetic appearance and quality design and redesign of movements. Unfortunately they have started dressing up their faces a bit to stay competitive in foreign markets.

I'd like to own a Marathon as a field watch.

M4Guru

Feedback Score
    was just chatting watches with my dad he has quite a few cool ones !

but back in the Korea war my dad flew F86 he was saying how the other pilots bought really small watches so he has a small rolex
    they hated the big watches back then cause when flying and doing maneuvers that had any G force the watch felt to heavy day after day on lots of missions they flew in Korea ?

just thought that was kinda interesting to hear

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thats pretty interesting since most pilots watches (pre-jets) were large for easy readability and use as a tool. I wonder what was the popular watch of choice was then and if they used them at all for flying...

M4Guru

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by murphy j View Post
    Definately well said Will.

I collect watches and love mechanical ones, whether they be automatics or hand crankers. I currently only have 4 in my collection, but at one time I had around 10, till I sold some to help fund a different watch or a firearm purchase. I have 2 'high end' watches. All my watches are high quality, some are just price a little more reasonably than others. I guess like any hobby, it's what you're willing to spend to indulge in it.
    Only have 5 myself currently, down from 12. a few in the low end, and two in the higher end. My favorite, by far, due the looks, quality, technology, movement (Jeager is a true watch company making all their own movements), complications, is my Jaeger-LeCoultre, Master Compressor Chronograph:

My other higher end:

But what I wear pretty much every day, for 20 years now, is a Tag F1 Chrono on the right:

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 52 of 256 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast