Page 61 of 256 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Watches

Feedback Score
    This thread is great. Some watch brands I never herd of. Those Bermonts are really nice. I really like classic pilots watches. I have wanted a Sinn, or a Omega Seamaster for quite some time, but those Marathons are quite nice too. I want a decent auto, but I have to learn more about the movements before I buy. My Eco Drive will have to do for now.

Jeremy
    Last edited by J Krammes; 05-24-12 at 07:33.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

USMC GSAR

Here is my newest watch. I had a GSAR that I recently sold. I missed it and this one looked like a good replacement. I like it on the Zulu better than the bracelet. I have the bracelet too but need to bring it to the local jeweler to have it put on the watch.

This was a gift to myself for loosing 75 pounds.
    Last edited by usmcvet; 05-30-12 at 14:23.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Here is my newest watch. I had a GSAR that I recently sold. I missed it and this one looked like a good replacement. I like it on the Zulu better that the bracelet. I have the bracelet too but need to bring it to the local jeweler to have it put on the watch.

This was a gift to myself for loosing 75 pounds.
    I really like that.. Where did you find it? I was about to settle for a maple leaf model.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kmrtnsn View Post
    I really like that.. Where did you find it? I was about to settle for a maple leaf model.
    Marathon has them in stock, I will PM you now with more info.

They show out of stock online but they have them, mine has a November 2011 date on it. I will pretend it was made 10 November!
    Last edited by usmcvet; 05-29-12 at 20:40.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Must...not...let...watch...thread...die...

I just got this one today. It's a G-9300. I've been eyeballing it for a long time and finally pulled the trigger. My first impression is that it is BIG (subjectively). Definitely the biggest watch I've owned. It wears well, though, so I'm sure it'll be fine. I took some pics to illustrate the size next to my GSAR.

The only thing bigger than the watch is the freaking manual.

I didn't build this post. Somebody else made that happen.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Damn! That is a lot of paper!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    not really into expensive watches, but a watch savvy friend said this one would be the one to get that would interest my engineering side. Out in Fall 2012 MSRP between $699 and $799

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...141869203.html

Bulova Precisionist Chronograph

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    My wife got me this G Shock while we were in Hawaii a few weeks ago. Really liking it, just wish I could put a different watch band on it.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    My wife got me this G Shock while we were in Hawaii a few weeks ago. Really liking it, just wish I could put a different watch band on it.

They make an adapter that works with GShocks so you can use a Zulu nylon band.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    They make an adapter that works with GShocks so you can use a Zulu nylon band.
    I saw that, but I was under the impression that those only fit the standard sized G Shocks. Mine is of the gigantic sized persuasion.

Page 61 of 256 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast