Page 63 of 256 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: Watches

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by murphy j View Post
    You sound like you have a bit of experience in the watch world. The Rolex Forum is a great place to educate yourself about Rolex watch's. Rolex's are a great watch, but not for everybody. I'm on my third now. I started with a Submariner then got an Explorer II, but have come back to the Submariner again. I think I'll keep it this time lol. Rolex has some of the best advertising out there and that has played a huge role in propelling them to the level they're out. I'm not a Rolex fanboy in the sense that I think they're the best, but I truly believe that they're one of the best. There are many great watch houses out there at different price points, but I think it's very telling when the president of one of the finest houses(Patek Phillipe's Thierry Stern) says that if he couldn't wear one of his watches, then he would probably wear a Rolex. Get your Rolex, but do yourself a favor and go to a Rolex dealer and see them in the flesh first. Then get the one that sang to you the most from on of TRFs trusted sellers.
    Thanks man. Sound advice. I really like the GMT. I will check them out locally. I want to see how they fit!
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunderway View Post
    Does anyone have a recommendation for a legit online shop for higher end watches?

Also, would any of you watch gurus feel lame for buying a clean, used Rolex or the like instead of buying new? I'm trying to decide if new is worth $2-3k more than "like new" to me.

Thanks,

D
    Try timezone.com for plenty of knowledge and a great used market. For references for online dealers, try watchnet.com good guys forum. I have bought and sold many watches over the years on timezone. Just get references and talk to the seller.

For online dealers, I like feelgoodwatches.com, bernard watch company, timeofswitzerland.com (located in Switzerland), essential-watches.com. All totally trustworthy.
    By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest. - Confucius

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    I've been checking out a Brera watch; what's the lowdown on them? Durable enough for everyday business wear?

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...40000000001_-1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk; coherency may be in jeopardy.
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sadmin View Post
    I've been checking out a Brera watch; what's the lowdown on them? Durable enough for everyday business wear?

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...40000000001_-1

You can probably learn about them here: http://forums.watchuseek.com/forum.php
    "Think you used enough dynamite there Butch?"

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulL View Post
    Must...not...let...watch...thread...die...

I just got this one today. It's a G-9300. I've been eyeballing it for a long time and finally pulled the trigger. My first impression is that it is BIG (subjectively). Definitely the biggest watch I've owned. It wears well, though, so I'm sure it'll be fine. I took some pics to illustrate the size next to my GSAR.

The only thing bigger than the watch is the freaking manual.

Again Damn that is a lot of paper and a HUGE watch. Just got this Mudman G-Shock G-9000 in the mail today. Found it through watchrecon.com for fifty bucks shipped. I have not had a G-Shock since the band fell apart on the one I bought at the PX in '90. This one is bigger but it's so light compared to what I've been wearing lately. I have a huge paw and huge wrist and this fits me with three notches to spare.

"Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    This "new to me" watch was in my mailbox today:

Join Gun Owners of America Here

Fear causes hesitation and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true. - The Bodasafa

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
    This "new to me" watch was in my mailbox today:

after I purchase the engagement ring, I am grabbing a U1 or Ux for myself.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by willowofwisp View Post
    after I purchase the engagement ring, I am grabbing a U1 or Ux for myself.
    Great watch, was on my short list, but since they had a major price increase, can't justify the cost for what is a stock ETA movement.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Great watch, was on my short list, but since they had a major price increase, can't justify the cost for what is a stock ETA movement.

Buy a slightly used one and you can still get decent prices. I see them on Watchuseek for $1000-1300 every few weeks. I wouldn't pay the $2k new price. Get the watchrecon app for your phone and keep an eye out for a deal.
    Join Gun Owners of America Here

Fear causes hesitation and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true. - The Bodasafa

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
    Buy a slightly used one and you can still get decent prices. I see them on Watchuseek for $1000-1300 every few weeks. I wouldn't pay the $2k new price. Get the watchrecon app for your phone and keep an eye out for a deal.
    Brimstone has a solid suggestion here, how do I know?

I picked up a U1 (w/ bracelet) there for $1500. It took some patience/time + the ones I found there for less than $1500 had more mileage so they were not in the best of condition. I wanted a bracelet, box etc. but that is just me & HTH as you can save some coin w/ a little patience etc.

Page 63 of 256 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast