Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JP advanced modular chassis ???

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question JP advanced modular chassis ???

http://www.jprifles.com/1.2.6.1_AMCS.php

Anyone used the JP advanced modular chassis? If you have or are currently using this please post reviews and pics. Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Looks like the Tac Mod http://tacmodstock.com/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Alpha thats the first ive seen that. I like it, Im thinking after this current AR build. That I need a bolt gun in my collection. Just wanted too do something different from the mcmillians, HS and AICS stocks like a lot of other people tend to use.

Where is Troy by the way im down in ashville around columbus.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Militant83 View Post
    Alpha thats the first ive seen that. I like it, Im thinking after this current AR build. That I need a bolt gun in my collection. Just wanted too do something different from the mcmillians, HS and AICS stocks like a lot of other people tend to use.

Where is Troy by the way im down in ashville around columbus.
    The tubegun concept came as a way to get common actions into an architecture that would mimic that of the McMillan-built TUBB2000 highpower match rifle. The key features of that rifle (which is NOT a tube gun or an AR converted into a bolt gun) are a bolt that is free to cycle back into the stock extension, a circular, free floated handguard, and no bedding between action and stock.

It was a radical departure in bolt action rifle design and IMO THE way to design a bolt gun.

TUBB2000:

OBTW, Troy is about 10 miles north of Dayton on I-75.
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 12-04-10 at 07:57.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    The tubegun concept came as a way to get common actions into an architecture that would mimic that of the McMillan-built TUBB2000 highpower match rifle. The key features of that rifle (which is NOT a tube gun or an AR converted into a bolt gun) are a bolt that is free to cycle back into the stock extension, a circular, free floated handguard, and no bedding between action and stock.

It was a radical departure in bolt action rifle design and IMO THE way to design a bolt gun.

TUBB2000:

OBTW, Troy is about 10 miles north of Dayton on I-75.

This set up looks more like a competition set up. Is it practical in a tactical setup?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    They came out with this about 2 months AFTER I bought my Accuracy International 2.0......bastiges!
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This set up looks more like a competition set up. Is it practical in a tactical setup?
    Yes. Take off the iron sights (they are easily removable), slap a scope on the Picatinny rail. Remove the sling hand stop from the slot under the handguard and slide on a bipod spud base. Attach bipod to spud. Done.

In addition to that, McMillan makes the TUBB2000 in a tactical configuration right from the start, the TBB Spec-Tac LR

Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 12-04-10 at 12:53.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Now thats a pretty sweet looking set up. Id like to see a comparison between that, the remington rtm and the chassis from JP.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Now thats a pretty sweet looking set up. Id like to see a comparison between that, the remington rtm and the chassis from JP.
    The TUBB2000 has been the dominant rifle winning more NRA Highpower Rifle and NRA Long Range Rifle championships than any other rifle since its introduction in 2000.

Tactical shooters might want to learn something from competitive bullseye shooters instead of trying to re-invent the wheel and still coming up short.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast