Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alcohol and Fitness!

Feedback Score
    If you are worried about the "health content" of your daily adult beverage, it'd be advisable to stick to the whiskey/scotch, dry red wines, rums, and tequila.

Lower risk of GI inflammation, lower carbs, less calories, easier/faster to get drunk on.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek_Connor View Post
    If you are worried about the "health content" of your daily adult beverage, it'd be advisable to stick to the whiskey/scotch, dry red wines, rums, and tequila.

Lower risk of GI inflammation, lower carbs, less calories, easier/faster to get drunk on.
    I was beginning to wonder what happened to you...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I was beginning to wonder what happened to you...
    Bored at the airport.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Remeber, Jamison is your friend.
    Well its only a 9 mm.
    Well when I put two through your heart and one through your head you wont know the difference.
    Unknown Navy SEAL

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Semizal0311 View Post
    Remeber, Jamison is your friend.
    That is good, god fearing Irish whisky
    "You have never lived until you have almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know." - Written by an unknown soldier in Vietnam.

Feedback Score

You would be better off drinking clear liquor like Vodka. the darker the beverage the more impurities the worse the hangover.

I think one of the major issues with drinking is the lack of motivation to hit the gym the next day. Also being dehydrated will do nothing good for your work out.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    dont drink alcohol,never have.
    i did work in a liquor store while in college.
    i witnessed varying degree's of slide.
    saw bright students go to creatures of habit in less than 2 years.
    opening up the store in the am was like watching dawn of the dead always about 8-10 people outside pacing back and forth waiting...........

Feedback Score
    Gents they key to alcohol is moderation, just like protein drinks or gels. If you have a couple of drinks a few days a week you’re good to go. The health benefits of moderate drinking have been show, no need for me to repost them here. I’m not sure if it’s the actual alcohol that removed build up in the arteries or if it’s simply the reduction in stress but there have been lots of studies that show it works.
    Like I posted earlier, a nice carb rich ale goes down great after 50 plus mile of biking on a hot day. As I said ‘A’ as in one, not a gallon or case.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chimmy View Post
    You would be better off drinking clear liquor like Vodka. the darker the beverage the more impurities the worse the hangover.

I think one of the major issues with drinking is the lack of motivation to hit the gym the next day. Also being dehydrated will do nothing good for your work out.
    God, I love a good hangover workout. The idea of waging war on my own weakness just gets me fired up.

I have my best workouts ever post night of drinking (which are few and far between).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cylindros View Post
    That is good, god fearing Irish whisky
    You have sinned, both of you.

The nectar of the gods that you refer to is spelled JAMESON'S Irish Whiskey.

Repent, and be saved.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123