Thread: which sidearm?

Feedback Score

which sidearm?

I'll be taking a 3 day carbine course. Course requirements, among other things, are approx. 250 rounds for sidearm. I have a full size 1911 and Glock 36. Fairley proficient and enjoy shooting both. Which one should I bring to class?
    Appreicate the advice.

Feedback Score
    What class?

Given those 2 choices, the 1911 for a bunch of reasons...

Feedback Score
    Will be an EAG operators course. Would a blade tech holster be a good way to go?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you are convinced it's reliable, I would go w/ the 1911.

Blade Tech makes excellent products for a very reasonable price and wait time. I have two holster and three mag carriers by them and have been completely satisfied.
    Don't forget to show my head to the people. It's well worth seeing.
    -Georges Danton

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Definitely the Glock... Pat thinks anyone with a 1911 is gay...

Seriously..If you carry one more then the other.. bring that one.. or bring the one you shoot the best with.

The reality is this is a CARBINE class and not a pistol class.. if you keep your Carbine loaded and running all the time.. your only gonna shot about 25-50 rds... if you have a hard time listening to Him and taking instructions and applying them...then your going to shoot alot more.....

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harv View Post
    The reality is this is a CARBINE class and not a pistol class.. if you keep your Carbine loaded and running all the time.. your only gonna shot about 25-50 rds... if you have a hard time listening to Him and taking instructions and applying them...then your going to shoot alot more.....
    In other words, "Don't f*ck up!"
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Take whichever one you normally carry.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkL View Post
    I'll be taking a 3 day carbine course. Course requirements, among other things, are approx. 250 rounds for sidearm. I have a full size 1911 and Glock 36. Fairley proficient and enjoy shooting both. Which one should I bring to class?
    Appreicate the advice.
    Of those 2 choices I'd say the 1911. Though 1911s can be finicky, but it's pretty bad that even Glock Inc couldn't get my old Glock 36 to run on 230gr ammo. Anything lighter and it would run run. When I carry a .45 I carry 230gr HP.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'll be taking the same class in Dec and will be shooting my 1911. I want to pick up either a G21SF or M&P45, but class tuition won't let that happen until next year some time. I say take both. Shoot the 1911 and if it goes down, switch to the Glock, til you can get the 1911 back up. Or vice versa.

I have a lot of spare parts for my 1911, that I can swap fairly quickly if needed, although I do need to pick up a couple more (extrator and firing pin) just in case. I'd take my Glock for backup too, but mines a G27, and I can see trying to shoot a course with it.

Anyway, good luck and enjoy yor class.

-RD62