Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bushmaster Lowers?

Feedback Score
    Nothing wrong with the upper reciever or barrel on mine either. Most complaints with the bushmaster are with the bcg and the commercial diameter buffer tube and the 1/9 twist. I replaced my bolt and staked the key with a chisel and hammer. Left the stock and buffer tube alone and mine runs great.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You will have low-self esteem for owning on, no matter how good the parts are you add to it.
    NOT in training for combat deployment.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy196 View Post
    You will have low-self esteem for owning on, no matter how good the parts are you add to it.
    That may be true, but I know many many LE and also someone who uses an issued full auto, actually 3 round burst BM to protect our atomic nuclear reactor powerplants, in fact I was reading his training manual today.

With a little work it seems BM and other brands can be made to work pretty good. Now I know less then about everyone on here but that is one of the reason I bought mine, and am gonna keep it.

For what it's worth I also have a Colt LE6920 which is my GTG, but I still enjoy my BM.

What I like about this site is instead of just beating guys up for owning certain brands and brand wars, you all can identify what weaknesses exist in certain brands and what can be done to improve on it, and 'possiby' make it a reliable weapon that can be counted on.

Ken

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KDG View Post
    That may be true, but I know many many LE and also someone who uses an issued full auto, actually 3 round burst BM to protect our atomic nuclear reactor powerplants, in fact I was reading his training manual today.

With a little work it seems BM and other brands can be made to work pretty good. Now I know less then about everyone on here but that is one of the reason I bought mine, and am gonna keep it.

For what it's worth I also have a Colt LE6920 which is my GTG, but I still enjoy my BM.

What I like about this site is instead of just beating guys up for owning certain brands and brand wars, you all can identify what weaknesses exist in certain brands and what can be done to improve on it, and 'possiby' make it a reliable weapon that can be counted on.

Ken
    +1

I wont be buying a Colt or LMT anytime soon, but I've learned what i need to do to make a Stag run well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Who sell's Bushmater stripped lowers the cheapest?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Wack guns were being replaced with Colts, last I knew. Transition still in progress? The reason cited was Bushmaster performance being unsat.

"Pretty good" is fine for some aps, not for others. Use what works for you, just understand the differences.

A couple of my guys have Bushmasters, and they run. They run because of preventative maintenance and the TLC of an ornery, Type-A armorer.

What I like about this site is instead of just beating guys up for owning certain brands and brand wars, you all can identify what weaknesses exist in certain brands and what can be done to improve on it, and 'possiby' make it a reliable weapon that can be counted on.Ken
    There are differences. Some matter more than others. Some matter to some users more than others. This is a safe place to discuss what might fit you, or how what you have might be made to do so.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Ken

Most LE groups that use BM are doing so because of either the cost (cheap) or because they didn't want to wait for a Colt.

It is true that you can improve a BM with some upgrades, the issue is that your really shouldn't have too. Othe brands like BCM, Colt, LMT and Sabre Defence don't require "fixes" or "upgrades."

No one should care what AR somebody owns. If it fits your needs then great!

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 08-15-07 at 07:10.

Feedback Score
    "The Wack guns were being replaced with Colts, last I knew. Transition still in progress? The reason cited was Bushmaster performance being unsat. "

That I have no idea. And in some cases I would guess the choice for picking weapon brands is done by some commitee who may pick it for cost issues and not really have any real working knowledge of weapons. Armorers like you would see the issues and know first hand where the problems lie and report back as well as the guys using them. In the case of the fellow I know, who works at the plant and unlike the military guys, his gun only sees action when they do periodic training so problems probably don't show up as fast.

"Pretty good" is fine for some aps, not for others. Use what works for you, just understand the differences"

Point taken. And is the reason I have the Colt. For an out of the box solution without having to do the mods. My point was that the BM or others can be enhanced (as any machine can be)but at a substantial cost over the inital purchase.

As far as the BM lower go, fit and finish looks good, smooth trigger pull and the magazines fit well with no issues at least on the one I have.

ymmv

Ken

Feedback Score
    "Most LE groups that use BM are doing so because of either the cost (cheap) or because they didn't want to wait for a Colt.

It is true that you can improve a BM with some upgrades, the issue is that your really shouldn't have too. Othe brands like BCM, Colt, LMT and Sabre Defence don't require "fixes" or "upgrades."

No one should care what AR somebody owns. If it fits your needs then great!

C4"

agreed

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    The Wack guns were being replaced with Colts, last I knew. Transition still in progress? The reason cited was Bushmaster performance being unsat

FWIW,
    Wachenhut probably doesn't own those guns, the power plant owner/operator does. Wachenhut just provides personel.

At least thats the way it was when I worked at one. Same with DOE, the individual site purchases weapons and equipment with DOE funds, regardles of who has the contract to run the site and security.

I wouldn't make a purchase based on what another agency uses, unless you know what went into the decision making process, or have a pretty good guess, based on the org. rep, etc.etc.

Bob

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast