Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Beretta M9 opinions

Feedback Score
    "A pistol that had been in USMC inventory for a while and possible used/abused prior to hitting your hands isn't really comparable to a gun issued NIB."
    Some of the gritty, inaccurate, malfunction prone, parts breaking M9's shot with the Marines were indeed right out of the box, brand spanking new... FWIW, these were circa 1990 manufactured pistols.

Feedback Score

M9

At risk of thread drift, the "fine motor skills" myth has been way overdone.

Using the slide stop is a FMS, as is the overhand method.

Fine motor skills include just about everything you do with the fingers and hands. One example is operating a trigger.

Back to the topic, I've seen many experienced M9 users (including myself) inadvertently induce a non-functional pistol when performing stoppage clearance drills and reloading drills.

In a fight, this would be an exceptionally bad time for a dead trigger instead of a bang.

If forced to use a 92/96, I'd go with a G model, if it was an option.

Yet another issue, IMO, is the exposed barrel of the M9. I can also tell you from my own painful experience that the exposed M9 barrel will cause nasty burns when doing live-fire one hand reloading drills.

When the point came in my career when I could choose between a 92F or a P226, I went with the Sig.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910