Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Excuses" for not carrying

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have a ton of excuses for not carrying. They range from being too lazy to going to work where I can't carry (either into DC or a military base). I do use the well I'm just running out for a minute excuse most often.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    No, we do not need to get a grip.
    Actually, if you really feel you need your weapon on you so bad at all times, you do.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucke551 View Post
    Ok, either it's a joke or you really need to rethink your attitude towards life in general. If you live your life oblivious to things around you(condition white) you are like the 95% of the sheeple in this country.
    So, anyone who chooses not to arm themselves are therefore oblivious to their surroundings? I don't see that connection...you're obviously seeing your surroundings differently than most people. Maybe those people, "sheeple" in your opinion, don't live in the same level of threat that you do, or maybe don't have the same level of paranoia. Or maybe you're overestimating that that gun actually provides you from these things you apparently fear.

You cite the Luby Cafe, or the doctor in Connecticut as reasons why you should commit to the lifestyle of carrying a gun, but by that logic you should also be wearing a Snell-approved helmet when you drive your car, because realistically you're in more danger of a head injury behind the wheel than of being attacked by a gun-wielding madman.
    Last edited by Hmac; 12-11-10 at 10:14.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucke551 View Post
    Ok, either it's a joke or you really need to rethink your attitude towards life in general. If you live your life oblivious to things around you(condition white) you are like the 95% of the sheeple in this country... You are responsible for your survival...don't count on the kindness of strangers.

Buddy, I appreciate the advice, but you have no clue who your talking to. I am about the farthest thing from a "sheeple" you could possibly imagine. Bottom line here is that some of you cling to carrying a firearm the way a child does a blanket, getting all uncomfortable and insecure without one. I don't.

And just because I live without carrying a gun everyday doesn't mean I don't want to carry one. I've stated here before how envious I am of most of you guys being able to do so at will.

However I deal with it and am still here to talk about it. And I'm also more prepared physically and mentally to handle threats as a result, because that is my only option. No safety blanket to cling to, just me.
    Last edited by Safetyhit; 12-11-10 at 12:00.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    I've also been in a hurry a couple times before and drove a block or so before I realized I wasn't carrying, and I went back and got it. Not because I felt 'exposed', but because to me it just makes sense. I figure I've spent hours at work to pay for a gun and ammo, hours at the range, hours with dry fire, etc. Might as well spend two minutes to have the damn thing on me.

Besides, I know my luck, and the day I decided not to turn around and get it is the day some jackass would shoot me in the face for the twelve bucks in my wallet.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safetyhit View Post
    Buddy, I appreciate the advice, but you have no clue who your talking to. I am about the farthest thing from a "sheeple" you could possibly imagine. Bottom line here is that some of you cling to carrying a firearm the way a child does a blanket, getting all uncomfortable and insecure without one. I don't.

And just because I live without a gun everyday doesn't mean I don't want to carry one. I've stated here before how envious I am of most of you guys being able to do so at will.

However I deal with it and am still here to talk about it. And I'm also more prepared physically and mentally to handle threats as a result, because that is my only option. No safety blanket to cling to, just me.
    ============================

I've never been in a car wreck, and "I am still here to talk about it"??? So, using your advice, I guess I should never wear a seat belt again. I just need to get mentally and physically ready for the situation. Hmmm...

The way I look at it, if you live in NJ...you are a sheeple. You stated you would like to carry a gun but don't...sheeple.

You being from NJ, your posts in this thread could easily be taken as "sour grapes".

Thank you for your insight.

But maybe it's just me...

Last edited by ucrt; 12-11-10 at 12:07.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My excuse is always the same...it's a felony here.

When I've live in placed I was entitled to carry, I generally carried. But some people do get a bit overwrought about it. I often wonder just how much safer they would be, statistically speaking, if they went through their whole lives wearing a hard hat, reflective vest, and safety boots. But you don't hear a lot of people accusing each other of being unprepared sheep for not donning this safety gear each and every time they leave the house...

I have also never heard anyone accuse anyone else of being a sheep for not putting non-slip adhesive stuff on the bottom of their bathtub.

I think carry is a good idea...but there is no point getting carried away by your desire to carry.
    Full disclosure: I'm the editor of Calibre Magazine, which is Canada's gun magazine. In the past I've done consulting work for different manufacturers and OEM suppliers, but not currently. M4C's disclosure policy doesn't seem to cover me but we do have advertisers, although I don't handle that side of things and in general I do not know who is paying us at any given time.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safetyhit View Post
    Bottom line here is that some of you cling to carrying a firearm the way a child does a blanket, getting all uncomfortable and insecure without one. I don't.
    I think you might be missing the point. It’s not about being uncomfortable or insecure without one. I think it’s more along the seat belt analogy or the reason you have insurance. It’s just in case something happens. I feel it’s akin to keeping an umbrella in the car, just in case something unforeseen happens. Both are inanimate objects, it’s the mindset behind them that could possible make the difference. If you chose to not carry all the time, great, that’s you prerogative. But why condemn or make a broad generalized statement like you did? Bottom line is there are a few millions scenarios where your Jack Bauer like fighting skills are null and void. You’re not going to be able to intimidate a bullet out of your brain pan. Maybe a gun could have helped, maybe it couldn’t have. But why limit your options either way?

Personally my gun is my AMX card, never leave home without it.

V/r
    Uglyguns

VMI-MO Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglyguns View Post
    I think you might be missing the point. It’s not about being uncomfortable or insecure without one. I think it’s more along the seat belt analogy or the reason you have insurance. It’s just in case something happens. I feel it’s akin to keeping an umbrella in the car, just in case something unforeseen happens. Both are inanimate objects, it’s the mindset behind them that could possible make the difference. If you chose to not carry all the time, great, that’s you prerogative. But why condemn or make a broad generalized statement like you did? Bottom line is there are a few millions scenarios where your Jack Bauer like fighting skills are null and void. You’re not going to be able to intimidate a bullet out of your brain pan. Maybe a gun could have helped, maybe it couldn’t have. But why limit your options either way?

Personally my gun is my AMX card, never leave home without it.

V/r
    Uglyguns
    I cant speak for Safteyhit, but I interpreted his comment toward those who do not feel natural without a gun in their pants.

PJ

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've pretty much arrived at the point where I've stopped trying to change peoples minds to the merits of carrying 100% of the time, and the liabilities of not. Instead, I simply do what I do, teach by example, and go about my business. I remain eager to help those willing to learn.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast