Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: "Excuses" for not carrying

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

On a side note

JIC you have to use a firearm make sure you know a good attorney. Esp. one versed in armed defense. Just because you did what was right and was justified, doesn't mean the DA or other citizens will see it that way.
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jklaughrey View Post
    JIC you have to use a firearm make sure you know a good attorney. Esp. one versed in armed defense. Just because you did what was right and was justified, doesn't mean the DA or other citizens will see it that way.
    I need to do this. Just haven't made the time for that.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I've been carrying so long it is habit. Just like putting on a seat belt or locking up the house. Until recently it felt the same as leaving home without my wallet if I forgot my HK, that's changed for me.

I do have this fear of being somewhere and my or a family members life being ended because I was too lazy to carry, so everytime I leave the house, the HK goes with me. After an event that happened recently to a friend of mine's elderly father in law, the HK stays with me every minute I am awake. He was killed in a home invasion in a nice neighborhood ( a very sad story and situation). It's kind of like the lottery I guess, playing and not playing. If you played for years, every week, someone with my luck, the one week you didn't play would be the one week you would have won. Of all the hours I have carried a pistol around, in the back of my mind I think to myself, the 15 minutes I step out without it will be the 15 minutes I need it. It's not being paranoid, it's being prepared.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Only time I don't carry CCW is when I go to class for obvious reasons...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    i had to cross into mex for work today...not only did i not carry, I hurt my neck looking through the vehicle for possible dropped cartridges from hunting the past weekend.

good grief...the one place i really do need a gun and can't have one.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    They don't want you hurting their criminals.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789