Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: FULL - Vickers Tactical Home Defense Class – Nov 4-6, 2011 – Moyock, NC.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
    I know 4-5 more folks who are signed up for this class. Is it november yet?!

Now the question, is there ANY frangible out there (I've heard there's some) that won't frag suppressors up. As I'd love to run suppressed with a carbine.
    About the only company I am willing to trust at this point is Federal.

Am going to get some pricing for some shortly.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hank2165 View Post
    I just signed up. See you in November.

I have quite a few courses already but if anyone has info specific to this course to share let me know. Ie, items to include vs leave it at home.

Many Thanks and I look forward to it.
    Here is the AAR from the last class: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=58026

If you are planning on running an AR (chambered in 556), make sure to test the frange ammo in your gun PRIOR to coming.

Of course have your armor ready as well and be comfortable with it.

While there isn't a lot of low light in this class, weapon mounted lights are king.

This class focuses on the art of room clearing. So you will want to have the fundamentals down (specifically accuracy) as LAV will spend most of the time teaching tactics.

If you have any other questions, ask away.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 12-19-10 at 18:25.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Here is the AAR from the last class: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=58026

If you are planning on running an AR (chambered in 556), make sure to test the frange ammo in your gun PRIOR to coming.

Of course have your armor ready as well and be comfortable with it.

While there isn't a lot of low light in this class, weapon mounted lights are king.

This class focuses on the art of room clearing. So you will want to have the fundamentals down (specifically accuracy) as LAV will spend most of the time teaching tactics.

If you have any other questions, ask away.

C4
    Thanks, That covered the biggy's. I have plenty of time and armor/plates will be another question. I'll reach out with more I'm sure. Thanks for the AAR as well. GTG.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    About the only company I am willing to trust at this point is Federal.

Am going to get some pricing for some shortly.

C4
    Grant, let us know if we can do a group buy on Frangible. And if so if we can get some samples to make sure it runs well through out guns/suppressors prior to class.

I'd really like to run suppressed IF possible. Thanks, much appreciated, and see you in 10 months.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
    Grant, let us know if we can do a group buy on Frangible. And if so if we can get some samples to make sure it runs well through out guns/suppressors prior to class.

I'd really like to run suppressed IF possible. Thanks, much appreciated, and see you in 10 months.

Already have an e-mail fired off. I am going to get some boxes of the BC223NT5A (http://le.atk.com/general/federalpro...icleanrht.aspx) and see how it does.

If it works in my 10.5 (suppressed) then it will most likely be GTG.

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thumbs up

Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Already have an e-mail fired off. I am going to get some boxes of the BC223NT5A (http://le.atk.com/general/federalpro...icleanrht.aspx) and see how it does.

If it works in my 10.5 (suppressed) then it will most likely be GTG.

C4
    Awesome, let us know how it goes. If so I'm sure more than a few of us will be snagging some from you. My 11.5 + QDSS will thank you!
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Smile

p.s. Grant pls put me down for frangible group buy if you're up to it ... stuff is rarer than hen's teeth in these parts.
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 30 cal slut View Post
    p.s. Grant pls put me down for frangible group buy if you're up to it ... stuff is rarer than hen's teeth in these parts.
    Will do. I will be getting a case of it soonest and will make my gun the test dummy. If I get no baffle strikes and is reliable, then I will order whatever you guys want.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Signed up today! Looking forward to the class.

Now the waiting begins...

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast