Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: First Responders-what do you EDC?

Feedback Score
    An Iphone, Nicorette, gloves, knife and a pen. My phone has flashlight app for seeing stuff and checking pupils. I work as a paramedic for a busy 911 service in a bad area. Everything else I need is on the boo boo bus. Most useful tool ever is an Iphone, trying to remember how I was a paramedic without one.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    back when I was an EMT, I had a keychain size CPR mask on me nearly 24/7. Also a pocket knife, and in the past few years, a flashlight.

After ... a lot ... of years, I don't carry the mask anymore. Part of it is the new CAB type of BLS, but mainly I got tired of replacing them or losing them. I have a mask at home and in my car. No reason I should be spit swapping with a dinky mask, when someone can run to my car and get a real one (or a BVM).

Otherwise, I don't carry medical specific gear.

Now, when deployed (yeah, I'm a fobbit, get over it), I carried my required CAT, as well as an Israeli bandage, a 14g angiocath, pair of gloves and combat gauze. Thta's only b/c we had IDF occasionally and I felt obligated to have something until help arrived.
    Last edited by Caduceus; 07-22-13 at 10:35.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by medic3648 View Post
    Most useful tool ever is an Iphone, trying to remember how I was a paramedic without one.
    Can you explain that? I have a BB issued from work and have no need for another phone, so I'm not so smart on Iphones.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by $CashMoney$ View Post
    Can you explain that? I have a BB issued from work and have no need for another phone, so I'm not so smart on Iphones.
    Probably apps that help with medications, ie Epocrates or Lexicomp. Plus you can get ACLS specific things. Some companies make run-sheet type apps.

Feedback Score
    A smart phone can be very helpful.

I've got Hazmat guides (ERG, NIOSH, etc), drug reference guides, a Metronome for CPR, County BLS & ALS protocols, phone numbers for local clinics, ERs, etc. There's a lot of valuable information at your fingertips.

Plus you can play Angry Birds when you're staging for Police!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    As far as apps, Wiser and Hazmat Pocket Guide...local protocols in PDF format.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There is also a heart rate and pulse oximeter app., my buddy who has heart problems showed me this a couple of days ago.EDIT: I think this is the one he has or similar Pulse Oximeter - Heart and Oxygen Monitor by digiDoc Technologies AS
    https://appsto.re/us/ctZoU.i
    Last edited by lunchbox; 09-29-14 at 20:06.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345