Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AAR:VSM 1 Day Basic Handgun Dec 11 2010

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kartoffel View Post
    Looks like a good course. If it ain't raining, you ain't training!
    You got it.
    WWW.SUPERIORFIREARMSLLC.COM
    10111 Production Court
    Louisville ky. 40299
    502-365-2244

Former VSM Regional Endorsed Instructor

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Great job fellas!

Feedback Score
    This class made me exited like a school-girl at a Justin Bieber concert. While the others have covered just about everything, here are a couple of my thoughts.

Joe and Barry have really mastered positive criticism, and reinforcement. You could almost be crapping yourself on moment and smiling the next. They're also so engaging that I really didn't even notice the cold and rain much, until we were all packing up to leave.

The bar was set very high before we even first walked down range, and it was very clear that the standard wasn't going to change. period! They gave the whole class 100% and they expected the same from every last person there.

I didn't know I could shoot as well as I did at class. But I came home not thinking about making 10 shots, I came home thinking about missing the 11th.

Class was fantastic, I had a blast on the range, had a blast hanging out with everyone, and I'm looking forward to round 2.

If you ever get a change to take a class with Joe and Barry or to stop by their shop, jump at the chance, you won't regret a minute of it. (other than when Joe stands behind you and points out how bad you effed up that 5yd shot )

Thank you again Joe, Barry, and the VSM program for giving us this great opportunity.
    -Stu
    Last edited by superr.stu; 12-14-10 at 20:55.
    "I can’t remember a mile in my life that was even mildly amusing"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by superr.stu View Post
    This class made me exited like a school-girl at a Justin Bieber concert. While the others have covered just about everything, here are a couple of my thoughts.

Joe and Barry have really mastered positive criticism, and reinforcement. You could almost be crapping yourself on moment and smiling the next. They're also so engaging that I really didn't even notice the cold and rain much, until we were all packing up to leave.

The bar was set very high before we even first walked down range, and it was very clear that the standard wasn't going to change. period! They gave the whole class 100% and they expected the same from every last person there.

I didn't know I could shoot as well as I did at class. But I came home not thinking about making 10 shots, I came home thinking about missing the 11th.

Class was fantastic, I had a blast on the range, had a blast hanging out with everyone, and I'm looking forward to round 2.

If you ever get a change to take a class with Joe and Barry or to stop by their shop, jump at the chance, you won't regret a minute of it. (other than when Joe stands behind you and points out how bad you effed up that 5yd shot )

Thank you again Joe, Barry, and the VSM program for giving us this great opportunity.
    -Stu

Thank you
    10111 Production Court
    Louisville ky. 40299
    502-365-2244

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Morcelu View Post
    That was me
    Joe is ordering me a brand-new set of Heine Ledge Sights that should hopefully fix my mis-matched sights problem. (The fact that I installed them myself probably didn't help much either! Joe will be putting the new ones on for me)

This was my first class, and my experience was phenomenal. I'm looking forward to many more classes with Joe in the future. Now I just need to get my carbine gear in order so I can come to the class in Jan.

-Doug
    Your sights are in.
    10111 Production Court
    Louisville ky. 40299
    502-365-2244

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    We have some pics to go thru this is just to get started.

This is the class
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...eferrerid=3026

Being a novice coming into this class I was absolutely amazed at what could be presented and learned in one day under less than ideal conditions. Although when you stop and look at the level of instruction that was given to us, it's easier to understand how you can come into this class and not only learn to shoot that day, but take it with you and repeat it sometime later with very similar results. My hats off to Joe and Barry for the level of instruction and respect given to each student, and one on one attention when they saw fit. I highly recommend this class to anyone, especially if you think you can shoot now, I'm positive that any one person can come away with a better understanding of their level of skill from this class. A special thanks to Larry Vickers for allowing Joe Barnsfather to teach his method of shooting. I am anxiously awaiting the next handgun class, be it novice or a level two. I'm sure that I will attend either with an open mind. Thanks again,
    Jon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IamSnappy View Post
    Being a novice coming into this class I was absolutely amazed at what could be presented and learned in one day under less than ideal conditions. Although when you stop and look at the level of instruction that was given to us, it's easier to understand how you can come into this class and not only learn to shoot that day, but take it with you and repeat it sometime later with very similar results. My hats off to Joe and Barry for the level of instruction and respect given to each student, and one on one attention when they saw fit. I highly recommend this class to anyone, especially if you think you can shoot now, I'm positive that any one person can come away with a better understanding of their level of skill from this class. A special thanks to Larry Vickers for allowing Joe Barnsfather to teach his method of shooting. I am anxiously awaiting the next handgun class, be it novice or a level two. I'm sure that I will attend either with an open mind. Thanks again,
    Jon.

Thanks Jon.
    10111 Production Court
    Louisville ky. 40299
    502-365-2244

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is definitely in my neighborhood, I'd love to take part in an upcoming class or two (pistol or carbine). I see on your site that I missed the next one on the 19th, are you able to say when the next class will be?
    The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. - Ayn Rand

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyPistolero View Post
    This is definitely in my neighborhood, I'd love to take part in an upcoming class or two (pistol or carbine). I see on your site that I missed the next one on the 19th, are you able to say when the next class will be?
    This is the next 3 for you.

10111 Production Court
    Louisville ky. 40299
    502-365-2244

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Oops, read the site and not the forum! Thanks for the links. I'm gonna try to get off work for the March 12th class...
    The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. - Ayn Rand

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12