Thread: Ramshot Tac

Feedback Score

Ramshot Tac

Anyone using Ramshot TAC? If so, how are you liking it?

I ordered a few 8# jugs earlier this year when it was on sale and haven't messed with it yet. I'm mostly looking to use it for blasting ammo for .223.

Feedback Score
    I think it works a tad better in heavier weight applications but I recently loaded up some 55 grain ball loads and they shot OK. Reliability was good, accuracy was so-so (but I'm not a terribly good shot). The load was around .2- .3 grains under max, I didn't try any detailed development.

Being a ball powder, it meters beautifully. For blasting ammo, that right there is a plus. And sometimes it goes on sale for $80-90 for a 8lb jug. You can't beat that, that's around 4 cents/charge.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I agree with jmart regarding better performance with heavier weights. That said, most of our training is inside 50 yards anyway so 4 cents with a 6 cent HDY or WW 55 FMJ is A-OK for class/practice.

Midway had it for $9.99/lb. a couple of months ago. Powder Valley had the 8 lb. jugs for $80. It also meters great.

What is not to like?
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys,

I ended up with a small pile of the 62 grain bullets. Tried a few working up to 25 grains. Shot decent, wasn't match grade, but wasn't trying for match grade.

Now if I only had more time to shoot this year...