Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SR-25 carbine

Feedback Score

SR-25 carbine

I am trying to gain some knowledge from this board. I am looking at a SR-25 with the 16'' barrel. A lot of coin but I want one. Why or why not should I purchase one? Not trying to start a thread war just trying to gain some knowledge. Thanks in advance
    Not the original texasyid

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    What is your intended shooting with it? Firing schedule and range? I would not use any AR based 308 as a CQB gun doing lots of drills with it.

If you are looking for precision at long range the Larue OBR is probably a better bet.

I use mine like a large recce, and so far its worked 100% in that role. Another member used one like a CQB gun, and it went down on him. If you just want to blast rounds get a FAL since parts are easier to come by and cheaper. Plus with the adjustable gas block you can tune to it to weaker (cheap) rounds. The SR25's, and KAC's gun in general are tuned to run with US military grade ammo so keep that in mind.

Is it worth the 5k? That is in the eye of the beholder but so far Im 100% happy with mine. It shoots great accuracy wise, and has not had a hiccup with spec ammo, and only one failure with Herters steel case where it didnt lock the bolt back. Ive shot around 200rds of Herters, and it only failed that once. With PMC, DAG, and Federal XM80 its been 100% as well as various match loads from Hornady, Black Hills, Federal, Lapua, and Remington. The best group Ive shot with it was .899 MOA 10 shots at 100 with a 4X optic.

The OBR is a really good gun, too, but setup more for precision with the 20 MOA built in rail, and with a carbine stock you have to use some sort of riser. Larue has the RISR for the CTR now, and a few people have had good results with it. Id really not want to have to add a contraption to the stock just to use most optics, though.

Last thing is KAC uses 3/4x24 threads on the muzzle so finding aftermarket muzzle devices can be tricky. Surefure has a can mount flash hider out now, and should be coming out with a brake, too. AAC has some mounts for it. Standard US 308 muzzle threads are 5/8x24, and is what most muzzle devices for 30's are made for.

Feedback Score
    Larue OBR is probably a better bet.
    Thanks I will check that out. I really just want one for my collection and do not intend to use it except to enjoy it at the range. I really miss my Belgium preban FAL and I think the SR-25 would go a long way to filling the gap.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by texasyid View Post
    Thanks I will check that out. I really just want one for my collection and do not intend to use it except to enjoy it at the range. I really miss my Belgium preban FAL and I think the SR-25 would go a long way to filling the gap.

Its definately a lot of fun to shoot. Where at in TX are you at? Im around Austin/Cedar Park if you are in the area and want to get some trigger time with one first. I bought an LMT MWS, and then shot an EMC. I sold the MWS, and now have had the EMC for a few months with over 1600rds through it.

Feedback Score
    Belmont, you said on your first post that some one used their SR25 in CQB and it whent down. Could you elaborate on that please? I am intersted in an SR25 EMC as well and would like to hear on this. I intend to use it like a recce as well but also want the thing to be able to handle CQB rate of fire.

Feedback Score
    TX are you at?
    Thanks for the offer but I am in West Texas.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The latest versions of the SR25 carbines that are being produced by KAC are exceptional… They are not cheap, but the engineering, QC and materials used are second to none… If I was in the market for a 7.62 AR, I would look no further than the KAC Battle Rifle…

It has the ability to go from CQB to precision with the simple twist of a short dot…

B
    MossieTactics.com ~ KMA 367

Feedback Score
    I'm in the same boat.

I've got a JP-LRP 07 18" that is built like a tank and shoots great, but there's just something about the SR-25 EMC that makes me need to have one!

If the S&B 1-8X turns out to be a quality optic and comes priced around $2.5K it will go on top.

I'm also on the waiting list for the AAC 762 SDN can which may be fun to run on the EMC as well.

2011 will be a fun year!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevermiss View Post
    I'm in the same boat.

I've got a JP-LRP 07 18" that is built like a tank and shoots great, but there's just something about the SR-25 EMC that makes me need to have one!

If the S&B 1-8X turns out to be a quality optic and comes priced around $2.5K it will go on top.

I'm also on the waiting list for the AAC 762 SDN can which may be fun to run on the EMC as well.

2011 will be a fun year!
    The EMC w. a SB and AAC will run close to $9,000.....I honestly don't care if it shoots freaking laser beams and plasma balls, that is just ridiculous for one gun w/o a Happy switch or collector value.

I never complain about price tags either...I either buy something or shut up about it but that figure is aw inspiring. Wonder how we ever got by before

Feedback Score
    by way of comparison, consider a custom bolt gun from GAP, surgeon, etc, with quality optics and suppressor is similarly north of $8k.

compare parts count between the two
    compare how much engineering/R&D $ must have gone into each
    compare how many machining operations are involved in fabricating each

i'm not saying the KAC is a bargain at that price...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast