Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SR-25 carbine

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    More power to whomever ends up w. the above described rig, to each his own

Some companies I guess just seem to stomach the R&D costs better because KAC and SB certainly are not the only makers of fantastic proprietary kit in their respective markets.

Feedback Score
    i'm way out of my lane of course, and speculating wildly, but my guess is that those other vendors (also offering high quality at half the price) spread their dev costs over far more units sold. probably by several orders of magnitude.

Feedback Score
    I'm resurrecting this thread rather than start a new one...

I came across a pre-ban Knight's SR-25 lower with a clone SR-25 EMC upper (supposedly built by GAP with a Bartlein SS barrel).

The rifle is used, but it didn't look too bad upon inspection. Is it worth $5,000?
    Last edited by theoak; 03-31-11 at 21:14.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by theoak View Post

I came across a pre-ban Knight's SR-25 lower with a clone SR-25 EMC upper (supposedly built by GAP with a Bartlein SS barrel).

The rifle is used, but it didn't look too bad upon inspection. Is it worth $5,000?

For 5k I would just get a EMC. KAC is using top notch barrels from places like Obermeyer anyways which is a brand GAP uses, and KAC is more in tune with modern 308 AR development like the enlarged ejection port, sand cut cut carrier, URX rail, ambi lower, ect.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    More power to whomever ends up w. the above described rig, to each his own

Some companies I guess just seem to stomach the R&D costs better because KAC and SB certainly are not the only makers of fantastic proprietary kit in their respective markets.

SB has no equal when it comes to optics. Hensoldt has better eye box and edge resolution but lack the user friendly features like reticle selection, zero stop, ect.

I think the EMC is over priced for what you get but theres no one else who makes a 8.XXlb 308 AR with the features and accuracy. If you want better accuracy or a cheaper price is means more weight and less features like the ambi lower.
    Last edited by Belmont31R; 03-31-11 at 23:53.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I obviously love EMC's and I equally respect SB...my above replies were in no way meant to degrade the stellar products both those entities happen to be, but rather just point out that $9k for a civilian rifle and optic is....

Quote Originally Posted by theoak View Post

No way....that sounds like a $3k rifle honestly, I would be all over a EMR or EMC for $5k
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 04-01-11 at 01:02.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    I obviously love EMC's and I equally respect SB...my above replies were in no way meant to degrade the stellar products both those entities happen to be, but rather just point out that $9k for a civilian rifle and optic is....

No way....that sounds like a $3k rifle honestly, I would be all over a EMR or EMC for $5k

The EMR is about ~800 less than the EMC. No barrel dimpling or flash hider, A2 stock instead of carbine with SOPMOD, ect.

I used to shoot ATA trap with guys that spent 15k+ on a shotgun. 8-9k on a precision gun with world class optics doesnt ring my bell. Sure its a lot...but theres worse things to spend money on.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    The EMR is about ~800 less than the EMC. No barrel dimpling or flash hider, A2 stock instead of carbine with SOPMOD, ect.

I used to shoot ATA trap with guys that spent 15k+ on a shotgun. 8-9k on a precision gun with world class optics doesnt ring my bell. Sure its a lot...but theres worse things to spend money on.
    Dear lord....if I spent $15K on something it better be a select fire gun.
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ak44 View Post
    Dear lord....if I spent $15K on something it better be a select fire gun.

http://perazzi.com/Pages/en_perazzi_...e_inglese.aspx

I visited their showroom, and they were cool as ****. Nothing like being 16YO and having the guy there telling you to go handle whatever they had...50k shotguns no problem. They do 12, 20, 28, 410 sets that start north of 200k.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    http://perazzi.com/Pages/en_perazzi_...e_inglese.aspx

I visited their showroom, and they were cool as ****. Nothing like being 16YO and having the guy there telling you to go handle whatever they had...50k shotguns no problem. They do 12, 20, 28, 410 sets that start north of 200k.
    Bel what's it like to be rich? lol
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast