Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shotgun dress up

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Shotgun dress up

Finally took the plunge and purchased a shotgun! I went with the old faithful Rem 870 pump action. We will see if my raw skills can handle multi-tasking.

What I need now is to dress this thing up. I am looking at side saddle's and need some opinions. I've looked at TacStar and SureShell. What I've seen some of you use is a saddle with elastic shell holders. What brand are they and where can I find them? Which way is better - the plastic/molded nylon or elastic? I'd think the molded nylon could loose its shape and thus loose retention. I'm leaning towards the elastic.

Beyond that, what else should I consider? Thanks for the feedback and hope to see you all at the upcoming 3Gun.

Happy Holidays

AMAC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Side Shotshell Saddle

The only other one I can think of is the side shotshell saddle that is offered by Mesa Tactical. It is made out of billet aluminum...if memory serves me correct.
    "Of every One Hundred men, Ten shouldn't even be there, Eighty are nothing but targets, Nine are real fighters...We are lucky to have them...They make the battle, Ah, but the One, One of them is a Warrior...and He will bring the others back."-Heraclitus (circa 500 B.C.)

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Mesa makes the SureShell. LOL. I looked through the shotty pics thread and lots of people were using the SureShell saddle. I'll have to ask around about their long term retention. Also, anyone know if adjustments to the receiver are required to attach a side saddle?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Hey AMAC! How are ya man? I've been kinda off the grid for a little while. How is the shotgun build coming along?

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Target07,

If you are in hattiesburg we've got to go shoot. I live 20 minutes from there.

-Jax

Quote Originally Posted by Target07 View Post
    The only other one I can think of is the side shotshell saddle that is offered by Mesa Tactical. It is made out of billet aluminum...if memory serves me correct.

-Ryan Job

"Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Let's Do Some Shooting

Yeah, I would love to. I live 10 miles south of Hattiesburg. We need to get together. Have you ever done any shooting up around Ellisville/Moselle area...I have been told there is a range up there? If not, I have access to 240 acres over in Columbia, MS but there is no formal range that is set up...that is next on my project list. I plan on putting in a handgun range along w/ a 1000 yard precision rifle range.

Let me know when you would like to get together. I am going overseas on business at the end of this month.
    "Of every One Hundred men, Ten shouldn't even be there, Eighty are nothing but targets, Nine are real fighters...We are lucky to have them...They make the battle, Ah, but the One, One of them is a Warrior...and He will bring the others back."-Heraclitus (circa 500 B.C.)

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Funny you mention that! I live directly between ellisville and Moselle and go shooting about 3 times a month. There is a pistol match in ellisville the first Sunday of every month.

Quote Originally Posted by Target07 View Post
    Yeah, I would love to. I live 10 miles south of Hattiesburg. We need to get together. Have you ever done any shooting up around Ellisville/Moselle area...I have been told there is a range up there? If not, I have access to 240 acres over in Columbia, MS but there is no formal range that is set up...that is next on my project list. I plan on putting in a handgun range along w/ a 1000 yard precision rifle range.

Let me know when you would like to get together. I am going overseas on business at the end of this month.

-Ryan Job

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Here are a couple of stages at the Ellisville range. The good thing about that place is that I know the owner well and he lets me shoot,and anyone else, for free on Sunday when there isn't a match.

-Ryan Job

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Fish,Amac,l3,jman,target,cl2 how have you fellas been? Lets get some kinda discussion going on here.

-Jax

-Ryan Job

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Whereabouts...

I am in The Netherlands on business for the next few days. Would like to get to the range sometime w/ you guys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast