Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Green Mountain Barrels?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    ordered also... and also not really sure what the fijunk i'm gonna do with it. i don't think i've even held a 1/12 barrel in about 6 years, let alone fired one..

but that was way too good a deal to pass.
    Did you get a tracking number? My order status says shipped, but I didn't get one. Not a big deal, but I like knowing where my stuff is.

Feedback Score
    I clicked the link and it's showing it's a 1-8 twist otherwise A-1 spec 20-in. for $149.

Where's the $90 one at?
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. " _ Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Lower on the page. $89.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Thank you, but I click that link and the bottom of the page is a Micro UZI SBR barrel, the barrel I referenced shows on the middle of the page?
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. " _ Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    I wonder if they ran out of the barrel I was talking about and pulled them from the site. I know a few days ago someone mentioned on another site that Green Mountain was getting low on these barrels.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Looks like they're gone. They were there yesterday or the night before.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    I'm just about always a day late.

Hadn't even known they were making them till I got an itch for a super-lite walking varmint gun and came to the Vintage board for the first time yesterdaylooking for skinny barrel sources.

Just have to save some shekels after Christmas.

Thank you for your help and Merry Christmas!

Feedback Score
    I'm interested in one of these barrels, probably the 1:8 one and was going to order one but, something doesn't add up.

Now that they are out of the 1:12 ones, people might be interested in the 1:8 ones instead however, you might want to look this over first.

If you look at the technical drawing for the 1:12 barrel, it shows, as stated, that it is too short but, otherwise looks correct, even though there is no diameter info.

However, here is their description of the 1:8 barrel:
    M16 A1 5.56mm 20" Barrel, 1:8 twist, 41V50 Mil spec vanadium steel, fully machined and assembled with extension, chrome lined bore and chamber, drilled gas port, parkerized finish.Original 1960s era M16 A1 spec. Click "view detail print" for more information.
    Here is the print:

The barrel is the correct length but shows a diameter of .7495 at the gas block instead of approximately 6.25 for a correct A1 spec barrel. Also, when you compare the diameter of the barrel to the diameter of the muzzle threads, you can see their 1:8 A1 barrel is thicker than their 1:12 A1.

In other words, according to the drawing, it is an A2 barrel not a A1 barrel.

Maybe it is a mistake?

I hope Green Mountain gets this straightened out but, at the moment they seem to be dimensionally challenged.

Feedback Score
    I got mine today. It looks like the barrel extension has m4 cuts which is interesting. Kind of nice since it gives me more options when choosing an upper.

Feedback Score
    i ordered one of the 1/12 barrels' looks very nice and well made.

peabody
    i started this life with nothing.....kept most of it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast