Thread: Guidance for starting new law enforcement related threads...

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Exclamation Guidance for starting new law enforcement related threads...

It's become painfully obvious at this point that nearly every thread started here, in General Discussion, that has anything to do with law enforcement, will go south for any number of reasons.

At this time, no new threads related to law enforcement are to be started, by anyone. This hiatus will last for the very near future, and possibly permanently.

The threads that are open currently involving anything to do with law enforcement or law enforcement officers will be allowed to remain open, but I will personally be overseeing them. At the first sign of anything that I view as trouble arises, the thread will be closed and appropriate infractions doled out.

We've avoided the inevitable for long enough. We tried to allow the membership to keep themselves in check. We tried to mentor the membership we felt are extremely valuable to this website. We tried to take a more hands off approach in moderation. We tried a more hands-on approach in moderation.

Nothing worked. So now we are going to try this...
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    This moratorium is being lifted and we will allow LE related threads on a case-by-case basis.

I would tread extremely lightly here though, as all mods and staff are going to be killing posts, and accounts, with extreme prejudice for bickering, arguing, generalizing all LE/citizens, denigrating LE service or citizen actions, alluding to corruption, etc, etc.

Basically, if you wouldn't say it to the face of one of our members on this board, then don't say it in a thread. If you can't self-filter, we will filter your access.

Thanks for the last six months of peaceable operations.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm going to reiterate the last bit posted by SHIVAN.

I would tread extremely lightly here though, as all mods and staff are going to be killing posts, and accounts, with extreme prejudice for bickering, arguing, generalizing all LE/citizens, denigrating LE service or citizen actions, alluding to corruption, etc, etc.
    I'm just going to start banning folks for this - period.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com