Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Suppressor Brands

Feedback Score
    Grand juries will indict a twinkie if given the chance.

There is no such thing as a class III weapon.
    I'm an FFL/gunsmith, not the holster company. We specialize in subsonic ammunition and wholesale rifles.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    So again, an acquittal, and a legal bill for a major shootout where the good guy survived.

Your legal bill is your legal bill. Period.

There has been no illustration that you'll be in a bad way for using a suppressor. We have two cases of machineguns, in which both are acquitted.

Seems clear cut to me:

1) Hope you don't have to, but if you do, use the tools to win.

2) You can always make more money, but being dead would suck.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    Well said. I agree.
    I'm an FFL/gunsmith, not the holster company. We specialize in subsonic ammunition and wholesale rifles.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Armament View Post
    Grand juries will indict a twinkie if given the chance.
    Exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Armament View Post
    There is no such thing as a class III weapon.
    WTF?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobert0989 View Post
    How did we stray so far from this:
    And arrive at this:
    Just thought it was funny. There should've been a thread opened in GD just for C3 weapons involved in SD shootings...
    ~Bobby
    An excellent question Bobby. It all started when one poster alluded that he was going to drive around in his car with his suppressed SBR 'just in case' trouble shows up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    I plan on building a Colt 727 clone (except with a 11.5'' barrel) with a Nodak Upper + A2 Aperture, FailZero BC, LMT Enhanced Bolt, Gunfighter CH, Colt Commando CAR stock, A1 grip, and a Nodak XM16E1 lower, for a car gun. As a car gun, it'll STILL be run suppressed.
    My current (KAC) car gun is. Until they say it's illegal, I'm going to do it.
    I know what I think, but will bite my tongue. In any case, my contention, seemingly supported by AC and Scottyran, not to mention Mr. Fadden, is it is best to exhibit some discretion relative to Title II weapons use, to include suppressors.

Some others seem to think that it is the wild, wild west and a shoot 'em up is all good and well with anything you so desire, and seem fit and tied to play it out with your typical bad guy using C3 weapons, even after the two previous cases outlined BOTH stated not to use C3 weapons for personal defense.

A very few have done so at the price of a small fortune, not to mention the agony they put their families through with a two year or more legal battle.

I will give myself a caveat so no one’s panties get in a wad, and state that I too would use whatever was available should the situation arise, but I think most of us here have plenty of non C3 weapons around to take care of whatever needs taking care of. Hell, Grant said he wouldn’t use a shotgun but a carbine or pistol, so there ya go! I know you guys have carbines and pistols!

I am not saying no one should defend themselves, but you have to use some sense. I previously posted in this thread a couple of times as stated by AC, " most long time NFA owners have discovered that discretion is the better part of valor".

I am getting some mileage out of that one, but I couldn't have said it better.

I'm worn out on this one, you guys can have it. Just remember, pray you can get a second mortgage on the house, you will need it if you use a C3 weapon, justified or not.

Feedback Score
    You say that both previous cases stated not to use c3 weapons for defensive use. That may be correct but it is ABSOLUTELY taken out of context. The author in both articles was the SAME man. The only thing that is proven when you look at both articles together is that Ayoob's opinion is that it is a bad idea. While Mr. Fadder may believe it is a bad idea Mr. beckwith was obviously not only comfortable with it but saw enough of an advantage and use to DO IT AGAIN IF GIVEN THE CHANCE. I only say that because HE DID IT TWICE.

I have absolutely no problem with someone voicing their opinion of the subject. DO NOT attemp to skew truth to make that point.

I get off my soapbox now.
    You can never make anyting idiot-proof, whenever you get close they just build a better idiot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coleslaw View Post

WTF?
    Class 3 is a status of SOT taxpayer, not a weapon. They are NFA weapons or Title II weapons. Calling an NFA/Title II firearm a Class 3 weapon is like calling a magazine a clip.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Unless somebody else disagrees I think this thread is a goner.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Well, well, well Coleslaw. We have discussed this case here in the past an I am well aware of it. Personally it means jack shit to me. But, that's how I roll.

In the state I live in it matters not what weapon you use to defend yourself. As a matter of fact our legislature has seen fit to put the burden of proof back on to the prosecution. The way it is supposed to be. It matters not if I am in Ft. Livingroom or on the way back from the desert range where I shoot.

In Arizona if you are charged and acquitted the state must reimburse you for all legal costs and I believe for lost wages and earnings.

I can also assure you that I don't go driving around waving my SBR out the window either.

If you have a problem using an NFA weapon for defense or whatever that's your hang up, not mine. My tin foil isn't wrapped as tightly as yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Coleslaw View Post
    Then you haven’t tried one of these!!

[IMG][/IMG]

Contrary to other opinions, I still maintain that a good shotgun is best for home defense.

Well, well, well. I guess that about sums it up. What say you Iraqgunz? On the subject, the couple of cases where LE have used personally owned C3, it caused problems for them also.

Perhaps in you could get away with it in your own home, but not out on the road. You have to always remember, the gov't has unlimited resources in time and personnel and plenty of overzealous law school grads. Whether right or wrong, your defense comes out of your own pocket.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617