Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Suppressor Brands

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I currently don't have a lot of experience with 7.62 cans, but have a lot of personal experience with both Gemtech and AAC.

The guys at Gemtech are simply the best. Honest folks that provide great service. What I also like about them is that they avoid all the errornet drama that some other suppressor manufacturer's seem to live on.

C4
    Yeah, there is a lot of that...especially one certain You Tube video that has me a little concerned. Do you know if Gemtech welds their baffles or are they stacked? What are the pros and cons to stacking verses welded baffles (if there are any...)

Thanks!
    Shaniac — Charleston, SC

Luke 22:36

"Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety"

"Guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians"

"64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday"

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    Admittedly, all of the e-drama kind of blunted my enthusiasm for AAC as well, though at the end of the day, what I really care about is a premium quality component, since suppressors are on the expensive end of what we what might otherwise consider "consumable" items.

AC
    You're not the only one. It's only recently with good TECHNICAL reviews from other knowledgeable members here that I've put AAC back on my list. I wonder how many potential customers they lost by making fools of themselves. It seems like since Remington bought them, the internet drama has greatly diminished, and they are letting their products speak for themselves (as it should be for any company).

Feedback Score
    I would put our products up against any others any day. Another thing to consider is that SHOT is right around the corner- new releases from almost everyone.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaniac View Post
    Yeah, there is a lot of that...especially one certain You Tube video that has me a little concerned. Do you know if Gemtech welds their baffles or are they stacked? What are the pros and cons to stacking verses welded baffles (if there are any...)

Thanks!

What do you mean by stacking? All baffles are stacked together in a tube.

Better brands weld them together after they are stacked to form one unit and then weld this assembly to the outer tube of the silencer.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I have a Gemtech Tundra for my G19 and it has functioned 100%. The sound reduction is very nice and it is still accurate.

I also like my AAC M4-2000 very much. As a matter of fact it was due to some errornet drama that I chose the AAC over another well known brand. I can't say that I regret it.

I hope in the future I can test that other brand out, first hand and even pick one up.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    they avoid all the errornet drama that some other suppressor manufacturer's seem to live on.

C4
    This is one of the reasons why I bought my KAC NT4 several years ago over another popular brand.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    What do you mean by stacking? All baffles are stacked together in a tube.

Better brands weld them together after they are stacked to form one unit and then weld this assembly to the outer tube of the silencer.

My apologies. What you stated is what I was inquiring about. What is are the pros and cons to having baffles not welded verses having them welded? I suppose one advantage of not welding the baffles is that it is easier to replace any damaged baffles. On the other hand, from what I have read, the suppressor is a lot stronger when the unit is all welded together. I am not sure if any of what I just stated is true since where I got this info from and most people are going to be brand loyal and "their" brand of suppressor is far superior to any other without giving substantial testing to back up their claims. I have read tons of threads on Silencer Talk and come to the conclusion that it is an AAC weighted forum so I am not getting any valid information from there.

I'm not saying AAC is crap; from my understanding, AAC, Gemtech, Surefire, and KAC are top suppressor manufacturers. I'm just new to the suppressor world and want to do my homework before I drop $800+ on a can that won't perform well and last a long time.
    Last edited by Shaniac; 12-21-10 at 16:06.
    Shaniac — Charleston, SC

Luke 22:36

"Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety"

"Guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians"

"64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaniac View Post
    I'm not saying AAC is crap; from my understanding, AAC, Gemtech, Surefire, and KAC are top suppressor manufacturers. I'm just new to the suppressor world and want to do my homework before I drop $800+ on a can that won't perform well and last a long time.

Gemtech is a distant 5th place when it comes to silencers.

The top brands are AAC, KAC, Surefire, and Op Inc.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Does any dealer carry surefire suppressors on a regular basis? I can't seem to find many online.

Leave the guns...bring the cannolis.
    Give me but one firm spot on which to stand and I will move the Earth. -Archimedes

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreaopla View Post
    Does any dealer carry surefire suppressors on a regular basis? I can't seem to find many online.
    I thought ADCO carried SF.

I know that my local gunshop just started carrying SF and AAC suppressors. As soon as the form 4 clears, there will be a M4-2000 in my NFA trust. A SF 212 can is next.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast