Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Suppressor Brands

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    When it comes to Rifle silencers.. there's AAC, KAC, and Surefire in the mainstream. If you're talking PISTOL and RIMFIRE cans, the field opens up a bit since those cans aren't exposed to as intense amounts of heat and pressure.

I personally won't buy Surefire since they originally did NOT offer their cans to civilians. And I've never seen a KAC in real life. So I've got two AAC rifle cans.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    And I've never seen a KAC in real life. So I've got two AAC rifle cans.
    There was one for sale at Scottsdale Gun Club when I was there a couple of weeks ago.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    When it comes to Rifle silencers.. there's AAC, KAC, and Surefire in the mainstream. If you're talking PISTOL and RIMFIRE cans, the field opens up a bit since those cans aren't exposed to as intense amounts of heat and pressure.

I personally won't buy Surefire since they originally did NOT offer their cans to civilians. And I've never seen a KAC in real life. So I've got two AAC rifle cans.
    When Surefire started selling cans there was a law in California that stated they couldn't sell cans out of state. That was challenged somehow apparently, and now OPS and SF are available.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Many, many shops have cans in stock. For what good it will do a New Yorker...

Feedback Score
    I'd pick KAC overall. I wish they made a 9x19mm pistol can. I'd buy one. Or three.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanB View Post
    Many, many shops have cans in stock. For what good it will do a New Yorker...
    Only peace/police officers can own them. I'm trying to figure out what the process is here since even the friendly folks at the NFA branch either think personal ownership is a no no or they don't know all the specifics of jumping through their own hoops to get approved. I have a good idea but I'd like to get clear cut answers as to what address I'd have to use on the forms since I can only own them as a LEO, who needs to sign,etc etc. No one has called me back even though they discovered the exemption for possession does exist. Seems like I'm just running a maze at this point. Feels almost like I asked someone to divulge national security info. Not sure if I'm getting a run around, ignored or what. You'd think the agency responsible for administering the disaster that is the NFA would at least be able to give me a clear answer but,to my surprise, it's the government!

Leave the guns...bring the cannolis.
    Give me but one firm spot on which to stand and I will move the Earth. -Archimedes

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    There was one for sale at Scottsdale Gun Club when I was there a couple of weeks ago.
    I've never been to the new location. Maybe one of these days.... I really hate going into most gun stores.

The formerly gun-loving state of Colorado.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonAAC View Post
    I would put our products up against any others any day. Another thing to consider is that SHOT is right around the corner- new releases from almost everyone.
    Let me ask you this (and anyone else that could tell me): I currently have a SF FA-556 for my ARs. I would like to get an AAC for my precision rifle. I'll be firing that rifle with the suppressor on >99% of the time (if not 100%).

From the AAC line, I'm thinking of choosing the Cyclone over the 762-SD because I'm really not going to have a use for a fast-attach system. Is there any reason to choose the 762-SD over the Cyclone for this task? Or is the Cyclone the better option here (because it seems to be to me)?
    Last edited by jaydoc1; 12-26-10 at 22:42.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter
    You don't change peoples minds by reinforcing stereotypes.

Feedback Score
    Is the Cyclone a thread on?

I don't really believe in thread on cans for anything other than pistols.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanB View Post
    When Surefire started selling cans there was a law in California that stated they couldn't sell cans out of state. That was challenged somehow apparently, and now OPS and SF are available.
    But then, why let logic, reason, and fact interrupt yet another biased, hysterical jab based in ignorance?

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast