Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beretta trigger work MD/NoVA

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks

Thanks, guys, for all of the help. I'm going to look into each one of these and certainly give one of them a shot.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by $CashMoney$ View Post
    300WM: I was waiting for that reply. Since this gun's "off the books," I'd rather not ship it anywhere, know what I mean?
    As soon as you give it to a gunsmith for work, he's going to log it in to his books - right?

I don't understand the aversion to shipping it to someone. UPS and Fedex aren't opening your packages, writing down serial numbers, and reporting them to the ATF. They really only come in to play if it's lost, which seems fairly unlikely.
    Last edited by javentre; 12-26-10 at 11:49.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I've owned 5 Berettas. I had 2 with a 'pro' trigger job (1 LTT and 1 Tim Bacus).

If you're wanting a Bullseye type trigger I'd recommend Dave Sams, Tony Kidd or Sam Hatfield.

For a normal 'carry' worthy type trigger/action job what I do is install a reduced power sear spring and a 19lb 1911 Ed Brown mainspring in the Beretta. Just the combination of these two springs vastly improves the trigger pulls I also do a little polishing here and there. It gets the DA down to about 8-8.25lbs and the SA to 4-4.5lbs and a whole lot smoother and 100% reliable.

I had reduced sear springs made for me for SIGs and Berettas back when I competed with those guns back in 2004 -2006.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by javentre View Post
    As soon as you give it to a gunsmith for work, he's going to log it in to his books - right?

I don't understand the aversion to shipping it to someone. UPS and Fedex aren't opening your packages, writing down serial numbers, and reporting them to the ATF. They really only come in to play if it's lost, which seems fairly unlikely.
    Honestly, I don't know what the "real" answer is, or the "right" answer, I guess. But I know some guys that will only log a book in if the work requires them to keep the gun overnight. For outpatient type work, a lot of guys probably figure it's not worth the trouble to log the gun in. Right or wrong (read legal or not), it is what it is.

Of course I wouldn't ask some one to risk their business over that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12