Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Scar Owners: Is this Normal or a Problem?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JPB View Post
    When I initially wrote that, the damage depicted was really slight. Some of these later pictures though are a bit more disturbing. It appears, to me at least, that the bolt is starting to rotate into the locked position before it reaches the barrel extension. Is there excessive wear on the cam pin or on the steel guide (called the receiver rail) that the cam pin rides against when the bcg reciprocates? If it’s the rail that’s damaged, it’s a $40 part.
    I'm not familiar with the SCAR but what you have pictured is exactly what happens to ACR's as well. However it will usually only get to a certain point then not get any worse.

I also beleive what you say to be true as the bolt is starting to rotate before entering the lugs, all be it ever so slightly. I also beleive it does the same thing after it's fired, which is starts to rotate before it has disengauged the lugs. So that I guess could be a cam pin issue on both guns. As I said mine looks the same as it did 700+ rnds ago, never got any worse so I just keep shooting it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    OP, so did we run this to ground?

Feedback Score
    Just an update. From FNH's on line service they've related to me that they replaced my rifles bolt carrier and it's just awaiting the "check over and test". I'll be glad to get it back!

Feedback Score
    Another update for those that are still following this. When FN did their check on the replaced bolt and carrier, the rifle did not pass. FN subsequently replaced my whole rifle. Something must have been grossly out of specification!

Feedback Score
    It appears to be normal my bolt has dings on it to. you may be interested in this thread. http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-scar-16...ar-update.html

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I was going to just let mine be, but since they ended up replacing the entire rifle, I'm not so sure now. I'll be giving them a call tomorrow about mine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Henny, thanks for the update.
    Last edited by JPB; 02-10-12 at 11:46.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234