Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AR ammo getting very, very scarce...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had started another thread inquiring about cost of Winchester M855....no replys to date.
    In June I had ordered 10 cases of Winchester Q3269...white box M855..and paid $350/case.
    In June of '06 it was under $250/case
    I just completed a deal with my supplier on 20 cases and he wanted $375/case. He told me my next order would be over $400 if not $450.
    I don't think he was pressuring me.....he just didn't know either.
    A seller on gunbroker.com is listing Winchester Q3269 at $430 and selling them....usually within 24 hours.
    Supply and demand is driving the price on this one.

Feedback Score

Talking how do u explain wolf ammo going up?

Panic buying! Supply and demand! Don't be an ammo whore any more!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Every visit I do to Walmart, regardless of what I'm buying, will include at least a couple of boxes of WWB .9mm and some .223 when available. It's not a big hit and little by little my "stash" continues to remain "stocked" (to compensate for my trips to the range.)

The "good stuff" remains stashed away for a rainy day.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." –Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyAndFight View Post
    Every visit I do to Walmart, regardless of what I'm buying, will include at least a couple of boxes of WWB .9mm

Those must be some TINY bullets
    NOT in training for combat deployment.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up The cheapest .223 I've found so far....

Just bought 2k of Barnual (Russian) .223, 62grain FMJ from Wideners last night for 3.68 per box x 100. $368.00 +21.86 (Shipping and handling)= $389.86. I think the price is a little higher for less than 50 boxes. I've shot this ammo before and shoots cleaner than wolf ammo, good accuracy for plinking, without the foul smell. Just thought I get extra ammo before the real/perceived price increase next month. Even so, it's still a good buy.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Walmarts in my AO will only carry expensive .223 ammo!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I remember when premium boxed IMI M855 was for sale on gunbroker for about $0.30 cents per round not too long ago. Seemed like a lot then, but I wanted as much tier one ammo as I could afford. Fortunately, at the time that was quite a bit. Couldn't buy it like that now, don't have the money and it no longer seems to exist anywhere anyway.

So glad I saved it.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safetyhit View Post
    I remember when premium boxed IMI M855 was for sale on gunbroker for about $0.30 cents per round not too long ago. Seemed like a lot then, but I wanted as much tier one ammo as I could afford.
    Do you really, in your heart of hearts, believe that the Izzys sell "tier one" ammo for US civilian consumption? I'll bet you think WW Q3131A is "tier one", too, because it was made by IMI.
    Last edited by Submariner; 08-31-07 at 19:47. Reason: clarification
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
    Do you really, in your heart of hearts, believe that the Izzys sell "tier one" ammo for US civilian consumption? I'll bet you think WW Q3131A is "tier one", too, because it was made by IMI.

Over 3 years ago, I joined AR15.com and also joined Gunbroker. During that first year, I participated in many, many threads about ammo and started a few of my own at least. Some of the most knowledgeable members there often spoke of boxed IMI M855 as the only first tier ammo available on the civilian market. I often questioned whether this was true, 100% non-reject, first tier ammo, as I wanted some if it was true. Never one time did anyone ever dispute that it was. Again, these were individuals who I am almost 100% certain would know. Perhaps they were all wrong?
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Perhaps.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast