Guys,

I don;t know if this applies to this board but I wanted to share something with you.

I am 50 years old, and like many of us older guys, I really was hard on my body in my younger days. Well, it finally has caught up with me.

I'm having Lumbar Disc Surgery on Monday because of a severely torn lumbar disc. Asisde from the most excruciating pain I've ever had, there's another part to this. I am totally unable to defend myself other than having a tool ready to engage with from my bed...and it bothers the crap out of me. I am totally unable to defend my family, as well unless again...it' from my bed in the master bedroom. If the BG comes through the front door and my family is on the main level....they're toast!

The good news is that recovery from this is 95% and I'll be up and walking the day of the surgery, and back to 100% within 6 weeks. I will be changing my lifestyle immediately upon recovery.

The reason that I am posting this is to encourage you to include Physical Conditioning in your training regimen, so that when and if you have to "Fight"...you can. For back related issues, keep your guts and back muscles in check, as these are 2 of the leading causes of back conditions. They help to support the spine as I'm sure many of you know.

Also, to you young guns...don't be macho and foolish with your body at your young age. It will catch up with you. There's no reason to not get help for those overly strenuous activities like moving refrigerators, sofa's, picking cars up out of a snow banks etc. by yourself when there are other options like asking for help.

Thanks for listening, and I hope this helps some of you in later years.