Thread: w.a.l.k. kit I have one

Feedback Score

w.a.l.k. kit I have one

I got one of these when I was assigned to another unit from my supply guy I know these are great but don't see a pratical use for it anybody ever had experiance outside the military with these bags just wondering if it has practical use before I throw it up on ebay lol thanks guys

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Although it's super heavy I always thought that it'd make a great hiking pack. Do you still have the guts to it?
    In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear;
    and safe is such confiding, for nothing changes here:
    the storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid;
    but God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

Feedback Score
    Yeah it all there brand new I think the strecher still has the tags I got it for when I deployed but got moved to another non deployin infantry battalion so now I can't use it, and already have my cls kit and aid bags ya know so I just was wonderin if its good to keep around if any one has seen a practical civilian use ya know

Feedback Score
    Better to have and not need than need and not have. I thought that it was bigger and bulkier than it needed to be for what it was.

My WALK kits were on my teams hand receipt in A-stan. Wondering how you managed to just walk away with a piece of gear valued at several hundred dollars.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tc556guy View Post
    Wondering how you managed to just walk away with a piece of gear valued at several hundred dollars.
    It was pretty common to find random gear sitting around the FOB at least when I was deployed in OIF 08-10, especially around the motor pool. I found IBAs, IOTVs, God only knows how many ACHs, and more than a few WALKs. The biggest score I came across was in a batch of 113s we somehow procured with our normal in theater MRAPs. The back of one of the tracks was stuffed with some Marine PASGTs, WALKs, vic headsets, and tons of tools. The helmets were turned into our supply while the headsets and tools were parted out. HQ kept the WALKs just in case someone lost one, and I happened to be the first one to hit a bump wrong and it flew off the side of the Caiman (1SG's choice, not mine to tie it down on the side of the truck.)
    Last edited by Leonidas24; 12-27-10 at 22:57.
    In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear;
    and safe is such confiding, for nothing changes here:
    the storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid;
    but God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

Feedback Score
    It does sound like your FOB was lax on physical security. Its one thing to secure an IOTV that Joe has left lying around so that haji doesn't get it. Its entirely another thing to walk away with an entire WALK kit thinking its yours. What you described doesn't give you the right to pilfer and bring back to the States for personal gain. Maybe thats just me.

Feedback Score
    And that last comment is the perfect end to this...
    I put the "Amateur" in Amateur Radio...