Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 870p build... Comments & Criticism welcome.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ804 View Post
    if you ever do any support should firing optics are your best friend.. It's real hard to find a bead or a ghost ring with your weak eye..
    Good point and I agree. For me personally, this is not an issue as I am cross eye dominant which is why ghost rings are so comfortable for me in the first place. Switching to my off hand for shooting does not affect my sight picture much at all. For others, that might be a difference but for many I see them having little or no trouble with ghost rings in that scenario.

Again, much of this is personal comfort and preference and as someone who grew up pheasant hunting with bead sights or even just the vent rib as an aiming point, I find ghost rings to be more than enough for me. I am at a point in life where my eye sight is starting to change for the worse (I got my first set of glasses this year for distance) so that might alter things. Heck, in 5 years I may be running optics on everything! LOL

Good discussion,
    Last edited by jwinch2; 12-27-10 at 17:45.
    "Democracy is two Wolves and a Lamb discusing Whats for Dinner. Liberty is a well Armed Lamb willing to Contest The Majority Decision". Benjamin Franklin, 1755

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Great set up. MESA makes awesome gear. I love the cut job. I am going g to try that on mine which feels way too long now that I've been using my collapsible stocked AR's. The shotgun feels goofy long.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Your shotgun is outstanding. Did you stipple the KAC panels yourself?
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. " _ Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Nice looking shotty! I recently purchased the express model, with what I think is the same synthetic stock. Do you find the balance of the guns weight favors the front due to the light weight, hollow stock? Also, are you considering changing out the butt pad for better recoil management?

Thanks, and again, sweet lookin setup!

Feedback Score
    Looks fine, but...........

The only thing I would change, for me, I prefer the extra shells mounted on the butt stock, back side so you keep your cheek weld.

Mounted like this 500
    Last edited by Pain; 12-28-10 at 10:46.
    NRA Benefactor Member

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Re: stippling. Yes, I do my own. You could have them done professionally and they'd be prettier, but mine work perfectly.

Re: buttpad. The original Remington limbsaver pad works well for me, even with slugs. I don't think I could gain much by switching.

Re: LOKNLOD's idea. I rearranged my forend today and the shadow is now minimized. Actuating the switch is easily done with my support hand index finger first knuckle. The two point should work much better like this as well. Thanks for the idea, pics to follow.
    "A 'sporting purpose' is what we use to describe actions taken with a football." -S.W.A.T. Magazine

"...if you are cruising the ghetto looking for crack and tranny hookers and you shoot their transgender pimp for staring at you the wrong way, then yeah, you might have a problem." -Iraqgunz

Feedback Score
    Damn dude, what did you want to be when you grew up? ~~~ I don't see how it could be any better. (BTW, don't rest your cheek on the receiver when you shoot it.)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Looks fine, but...........

The only thing I would change, for me, I prefer the extra shells mounted on the butt stock, back side so you keep your cheek weld.
    I've never tried to combat load from a buttstock... hows it work?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I like it. Especially because you didn't cheap out with an 870 Express.

How much weight does the Surefire forend add? I have never seen one in person. Any slippages of the KAC panels during live fire?

Feedback Score
    Nice Job!

That is really a great looking gun.

The only thing I would change or add is the Surefire forend W/attached light (http://www.surefire.com/618FA-Shotgun-Forend).

And add some type of rear sight to the rail on the receiver as a back-up sight.

SkiDevil

P.S. Let us know how the Aimpoint works-out for you. I've thought of adding one to my 870 too.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast