Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AR Technical Discussion FAQ/Knowledge Base Threads

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Feedback Score
    1 (75%)

Thanks

Thanks for putting all this information into one place. I am sure it will help many newbies like me from asking repeative questions.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Thanks alot SHIVAN...

Feedback Score
    it would be nice to have photographs to go with some of the upper forge marks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by carbean View Post
    it would be nice to have photographs to go with some of the upper forge marks.
    i second that request.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Wow...what a ton of good knowledge in here!!! Fantastic thread.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the info.
    If you're in range, so are they...

Feedback Score

Great

that's why I like this forum as compared to the "other". There are no smart ass comments from the big guys and they treat even the newbies as useful members.That and the knowledge is the keeper here and I know newbies appreciate the patient understanding.

Feedback Score

old oly

I have a well used oly arms and not a gun smith. Im getting two round bursts alot more than safe and fun for semi at the range was looking for advise to remedy this problem? New trigger? New spring? Tools? Thanks for your advice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by oly85 View Post
    I have a well used oly arms and not a gun smith. Im getting two round bursts alot more than safe and fun for semi at the range was looking for advise to remedy this problem? New trigger? New spring? Tools? Thanks for your advice.
    Could be the disconnector timing, could be a disconnector spring, could be a worn sear, could be some gunk or debris collected in the lower.

Perform a function check, Charge the handle, make safe then attempt to fire, your AR should not fire. Select the fire, pull trigger weapon slowly to feel the trigger, and it should fire. Don't release the trigger, charge the AR again and release the trigger. You should experience a reset, not a fire. Wash rinse repeat.

Detail strip the lower clean thoroughly and reassemble. If it still happens take to a gunsmith or buy a new "lower parts kit" and rebuild the lower. While the lower parts kit is over kill and not all parts will be used (like pistol grip and pivot pin and mag release etc... ) these are nice parts to have on fan for what ever. The LPK will no doubt fix your problem, but gunsmith may be able to retime the disconnector if that is the problem.
    Last edited by AlphaKoncepts; 08-14-12 at 00:14. Reason: typos
    -Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; USCCA Certified Instructor; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor
    www.alphakoncepts.com www.gunrights4illinois.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast