Thread: Magpul MOE direct mount AFG?

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

Magpul MOE direct mount AFG?

As anyone heard anything about Magpul making a direct mount AFG (i.e. no rail required) for the MOE Hand Guards?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was wondering the same thing myself recently, and a little searching has yet to turn anything up. I will be sure to make it known if I find anything, but for now, the $5 sliver of MOE rail is a reasonably convenient alternative.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Really funny, I too was about to post this question. It seems like it should be simple to design and build, and as the midlength and rifle MOE handguards become more common, it should be in demand.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have to admit that I was wondering the same thing myself. I was looking at using a set of MOE handguards on a lightweight build and would like to give the AFG a run. I'm not sure how often Travis and Chris check this board, but if enough interest is developed... who knows.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've got an AFG2 mounted on my MOE middy handguard and I'm not sure there would be any benefit (other than than the $6.00 for the rail) to mounting directly to the handguards. It sits flush against the guards just like they do on a rail. It is a solid system.

To get any flatter, you'd have to have a newly designed AFG that had the rail channel milled off.

Feedback Score
    There seems to be some interest in this, hopefully they will release some soon. If not I'll probably try it with the rail.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RGoose View Post
    I have to admit that I was wondering the same thing myself. I was looking at using a set of MOE handguards on a lightweight build and would like to give the AFG a run. I'm not sure how often Travis and Chris check this board, but if enough interest is developed... who knows.
    I'd be interested in an AFG-equipped MOE too, either a simple non-Picatinney attachement or some kind of Magpul-type handstop molded into the lower piece.

Feedback Score
    Magpul being Magpul they have to already have something in the works. We have all been wondering the same thing I'm sure they all already thought of it. I find it hard to believe that they would make a VFG for the MOE hand guards and not have something in the works for and AFG MOE version.
    "The best part of waking up is not Folgers in your cup, but knowing that Chris Costa didn't kill you in your sleep."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kermit4161 View Post

To get any flatter, you'd have to have a newly designed AFG that had the rail channel milled off.
    Which is what you would do with a direct mounted one...

I mounted one directly to a Troy TRX Extreme. I dremelled of most of the side rail grabbers. It sits lower.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.