Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NFA rifle for self-defense or duty

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    If the shoot is justified (deadly force was needed) and you were carrying illegally, in criminal court the most they could charge you with would be carrying concealed without a permit (usually a misdemeanor). In Civil court the bad guys wife, mom, dad, sister, brother or whatever could sue you with wrongful death.

Yeah, but at least you're alive.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ashooter View Post
    Yeah, but at least you're alive.

I think you missed my point. I wasn't advocating against carrying a gun (via permit or not). I had a gun with me almost 100% of the time long before VA became a 'shall issue' state.

If I ever use any firearm in defense of my life (or loved ones) I fully expect to get charged with something (even bullshit charges). This is a good reason to have a business card from a bail bondsman and a good defense attorney in your wallet.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    A 'good shooting' is a 'good shooting' regardless if you used a Ruger 22/45 or an AC130.

If you have no justification for 'deadly force'....................what kind of weapon, caliber, trigger pull weight, sun spots, do you eat meat? etc. may come up.
    Exactly...end of argument. There will always be messed up prosecutors wanting to charge folks with crimes when they haven't committed one anyway, but where I live deadly force is justified & if the force is consistent with the use of force continuim, then you're g2g regardless what weapon type is used.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." --George Orwell--

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bradb55 View Post
    In are gun safety course for the concealed carry permit, they said we could carry a bazooka as long as it was concealed and I wasn't in a bank, bar, or church.

Not sure who did your class, but they need to brush up on their understanding of state law if they are going to teach.. Banks and churches aren't on the prohibited places list. Machineguns are specified as not being covered with a CCW license. It would probably be a judgment call on the other NFA items since they aren't specifically prohibited, but they also aren't specifically listed as acceptable concealable weapons under the permit.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/ind...n%2006#0790.06

"790.06 License to carry concealed weapon or firearm.--

(1) The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services is authorized to issue licenses to carry concealed weapons or concealed firearms to persons qualified as provided in this section. Each such license must bear a color photograph of the licensee. For the purposes of this section, concealed weapons or concealed firearms are defined as a handgun, electronic weapon or device, tear gas gun, knife, or billie, but the term does not include a machine gun as defined in s. 790.001(9)."

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/wea...ossession.html

"Possession Restrictions

The following is a list of places where you are restricted from carrying a weapon or firearm even if you have a license. Please note that this is a simplified list. The places marked by an asterisk (*) may have exceptions or additional restrictions. See Section 790.06 (12), Florida Statutes for a complete listing.

o any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05
    o any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station
    o any detention facility, prison, or jail; any courthouse
    o any courtroom*
    o any polling place
    o any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district
    o any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof
    o any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms
    o any school administration building
    o any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption*
    o any elementary or secondary school facility
    o any area technical center
    o any college or university facility*
    o inside the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport*
    o any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by welchtactical View Post
    I think the use of a SBR in self defense would probably be looked at alot differently that full auto use. Dumping a half mag into someone on auto probably would be looked at as not giving the suspect the chance to survive being shot.

Who the hell ever said I have to give the SOB who just tried to kill me the "chance to survive"? As has already been stated; if deadly force is authorized then it doesn't matter what form it takes. If you shoot them or run them over with your car makes no difference.

Stay safe,

Matt

Feedback Score
    In my original post, what I was trying to point out was that most of us that have carry permits ( typically ) carry handguns when out and about in public, not machine guns, sbrs. cut off shotguns hidden under a long coat, hand grenades or whatever unusual weapon besides a handgun.

I was just saying that what happened to Fadden would not normally occur as how often do you run around in public carrying a machine gun as an everyday carry.

Sorry to the original poster that this got off topic about what to use for home defense, which I then say anything goes, buts it's a good discussion.

Ken

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz View Post
    Yeah, if a shoot is justified then it's justified but if you can't legally carry the gun you use, then you couldn't legally kill someone and you will face a wrongful death suit that you WILL lose.
    This doesn't make a lick of sense!! Whether or not you are involved in a Justifiable Homicide has nothing to do whether or not you can legally carry or even possess the tool that you used in the act.

Can we get back to the original topic of this thread please?
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yes. I have an SBR with a Colt RO635 upper and suppressor but until I start loading some good reliable HP for it, it won't sit at my bedside.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosDJackal View Post
    I was wondering how many NFA stamp holders have also relegated their registered guns for use in self-defense or duty/emergency? If so, how does your setup look like?

Suppressed 12.5 sits by the bed, pic from re-confirming zero last weekend:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Derek,

Sweet setup!! What kind of can is that and did you experience and POI shift with it?
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234