Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Mossberg 500 chainsaw...What the hell?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The fact that Mossberg manufacturers this abomination makes me lean towards an 870P, in the 870P vs 590A1 debate.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'm not a fan of pistol grip shotguns but I held one in the LGS myself and all it is is a 500 Cruiser with a stupid ass forend grip attachment. It is akward to rack and goofy as hell to look at. I'm still a Mossberg fan more so than a Remington when it comes to pump shotguns but this does make me scratch my head a bit every time I see one and how internet sites market for them.

Feedback Score
    As someone else said, without having breached any doors myself, it looks like it might be useful/comfortable for that application.

That being said, you'd think instead of making an entire shotgun out of it, just make a handle attachment. Then, it would be more versatile as it could attach to user's existing guns (perhaps needing different models or adapters).

Although, as a breacher only, it seems like it could really cause hangups when not in use. But, perhaps that's another argument for a more specialized handle and it could have some sort of folding mechanism so it would be more compact when not in use.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had someone bring one out to the skeet range I was running.

He was not happy that I wouldn't let him use his prized possession.

I do not hate on Mossberg for making this. I know they made it and their other abominations specifically to separate idiots from their money. Notice they did not discontinue the far more sensible shotguns...

In fact I thank Mossberg for making these items. It is a very visible indicator of an idiot and someone you should watch closely at the range or if someone brings it up in a conversation you can safely discount their sage advice...
    I'm no expert, but I took my CCW course at a Holiday Inn Express

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Someone wanted to shoot clays with a pistol grip shotgun?

Maybe if they were Kim Rhode.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TyGuy View Post
    Someone wanted to shoot clays with a pistol grip shotgun?

It was a gentlemen of the "gangsta" persuasion. Yes he seriously wanted to use it. First time skeet shooter, you see (this range was not a normal skeet range, but it was one at a state park, you see, so we often had large groups that were staying there shoot skeet. I would say that of the people who were not our regulars, at least half had never touched a gun in their life, and the rest had very minimal experience with firearms and none recent...only a small percentage of our walk-in customers shot on a regular basis).

Every time the desk clerk called me to let me know their was another person/group that wanted to shoot skeet this was how I felt

When I first started that job I thought getting to run a skeet range would be awesome since I'd be around guns all the time and getting paid for it...
    I'm no expert, but I took my CCW course at a Holiday Inn Express

Feedback Score
    "It was a gentlemen of the "gangsta" persuasion."

I like how you worded that.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011