Page 15 of 66 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Okie John: Thanks for the candid and helpful response. I have a short action, stainless steel Model 70 with featherweight barrel in a McMillan graphite stock. It would be a good candidate to test the scout concept on as it's about 7.5 pounds loaded with a Loopy 2.5-8 scope in Talley rings. I'd just need to look at what rail or forward mount would work.

Yea, I know the rigidity issue probably contributes nonmeasurable advantages once away from the bench, but its real value is in its "consistency" for lack of a better term.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Glad to help.

You'll have to drill and tap your M-70, plus it will be offline during the time it's at the gunsmith, so I'd leave it alone if it's already dialed in. Three options you might consider are:

1. Buy a used Savage/Steyr/custom Scout.

2. Put a Scout scope on a Marlin 30/30 with an XS Sights rail.

3. Put a Scout scope on a Remington 700 Youth using a BSquare rail.

Then you can sell the components and go back to your life if you don't like it.

Okie John

Feedback Score
    My dad is a dealer, and will have one Thurs. Unfortunately, I had a car accident last Thurs. so I'm w/out wheels and I won't be able check it out immediately. By the way dealer price on this thing is very nice!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks like these are shipping. Here's one on gunstroker:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=210391530

Feedback Score
    83 (100%)
    Too high, too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Looks like these are shipping. Here's one on gunstroker:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=210391530

Feedback Score
    Got up to my dad's yesterday to check it out. All I can say is, I'll be adding one to my arsenal. Fit and finish is very nice, everything works smoothly. Trigger is descent, light, balances well, fixed sights come up easily. Ruger rings included in the box, so you can set this up either way. Scout or conventional. This thing still reminds me of an Enfield Jungle Carbine, which I've allways wanted. Can't wait to get one an spin that flashider off for an AAC one, so I can put my can on it. I obviously couldn't shoot it, as Dad will have it at a gun show in LaCrosse, WI today. If you're in the neighborhood, check it out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBody View Post
    Too high, too high.
    I'm surprised he listed it below MSRP. Usually the guys with the first ones try and find a sucker with way too much money.

Quote Originally Posted by Falboy View Post
    Got up to my dad's yesterday to check it out. All I can say is, I'll be adding one to my arsenal. Fit and finish is very nice, everything works smoothly. Trigger is descent, light, balances well, fixed sights come up easily. Ruger rings included in the box, so you can set this up either way. Scout or conventional. This thing still reminds me of an Enfield Jungle Carbine, which I've allways wanted. Can't wait to get one an spin that flashider off for an AAC one, so I can put my can on it. I obviously couldn't shoot it, as Dad will have it at a gun show in LaCrosse, WI today. If you're in the neighborhood, check it out.
    Dang.... Maybe I am going to have to bite. Looking at the bolts in the side of the stock, I'm guessing it's not a standard one. Too bad. A lightweight plastic stock would sure make it a no brainer for me. The gun ought to weigh closer to 6 than 7 lbs. It will be interesting to see if anything can be adapted to it.
    Last edited by Jake'sDad; 01-07-11 at 16:21.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBody View Post
    Too high, too high.
    The rifle... is too damn high!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I didn't post the link to gunstroker because I thought the gun was a good deal. There have been a few questions about when these will be available and I just wanted to show that these are turning up on dealers' shelves.

Here's another:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=210537997

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana71 View Post
    The rifle... is too damn high!

Page 15 of 66 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast