Page 55 of 66 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdWatcher View Post
    Did your mags ever arrive? Since my last post, I took my rifle and Alpha mags to the range and these things function flawlessly. I know they're kinda expensive (up in HK territory) but they are very well made and well worth the wait.
    I got two of three. Long story don't ask.

I have found that there is a problem with Alpha Mag and LEFT-hand Ruger scouts. The ejector and the right feed lip want to share the same space. Result: bent feed lip on the magazine. Called Chris @ Alpha Mag to tell him. Sent him a hacked-up magazine that has clearence for the ejector and room for magazine wiggle should the magazine get bumped or pressure applied to the magazine body. He has notified but does not have a LEFT-hand model at his shop. So I am trying to help. Found out that the magazine have mild heat treatment done to the steel so if you need to change the feed lips you can.

Feedback Score
    Sorry to hear that. It never occurred to me that the mag would be different for a LH action.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdWatcher View Post
    Sorry to hear that. It never occurred to me that the mag would be different for a LH action.
    I think that its the other way around why is the LH action different from the RH action? Should it not just be a mirror image?!?

Feedback Score
    After returning home from shooting this morning I was cleaning and inspecting my rifle when I came across this mess. It looks like surface rust? I really don't know how this could have happened; I keep my guns clean, oiled and, stored in a safe which I have climate controlled.

However if it is what I fear it is (surface rust) do any of you have any suggestions on how to deal with this? I've seriously never had a firearm rust before, so I'm in uncharted territory right now.

Attachment 15674

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tgizzard View Post
    After returning home from shooting this morning I was cleaning and inspecting my rifle when I came across this mess. It looks like surface rust? I really don't know how this could have happened; I keep my guns clean, oiled and, stored in a safe which I have climate controlled.

However if it is what I fear it is (surface rust) do any of you have any suggestions on how to deal with this? I've seriously never had a firearm rust before, so I'm in uncharted territory right now.

Attachment 15674
    Not seeing it, but surface rust comes off with steel wool and quality gun oil

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Re: Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle

Isn't that part aluminum?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xjustintimex View Post
    Not seeing it, but surface rust comes off with steel wool and quality gun oil
    this tells me I shouldn't worry as much about it as I originally thought. But I'll hit that spot up with some steel wool and oil tomorrow, see if that makes a difference.

Feedback Score
    My GSR was coated with a brownish rust preventive coating when I bought it. I just used CLP to clean it off.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbsmwd View Post
    I got two of three. Long story don't ask.

I have found that there is a problem with Alpha Mag and LEFT-hand Ruger scouts. The ejector and the right feed lip want to share the same space. Result: bent feed lip on the magazine. Called Chris @ Alpha Mag to tell him. Sent him a hacked-up magazine that has clearence for the ejector and room for magazine wiggle should the magazine get bumped or pressure applied to the magazine body. He has notified but does not have a LEFT-hand model at his shop. So I am trying to help. Found out that the magazine have mild heat treatment done to the steel so if you need to change the feed lips you can.
    Damn, I have a LH rifle arriving this week and had already ordered 2 AI mags and 2 Ruger 3 rounders. I hope I can make them work with a little file or dremel work.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Page 55 of 66 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast