Page 57 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    guy wants to trade me a ruger GSR for my Gen 4 FDE Glock 21 with 10 mags, should i bite?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Re: Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle

Quote Originally Posted by azeriosu85 View Post
    guy wants to trade me a ruger GSR for my Gen 4 FDE Glock 21 with 10 mags, should i bite?
    If you have other pistols, I would.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Love this rifle it is my new go everywhere do anything rifle. Can't wait to slay a deer with it this fall.

I am not a rifle guy more of a hand gunner but this rifle just hits a sweet spot with me.

Jon
    Last edited by zen_grasshopper; 08-05-13 at 20:57.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by zen_grasshopper View Post
    Love this rifle it is my new go everywhere do anything rifle. Can't wait to slay a deer with it this fall.

I am not a rifle guy more of a hand gunner but this rifle just hits a sweet spot with me.

Jon
    Get it ready for stalking the woods with a synthetic Rhodesian sling, 3 round mag, thread protector, and no forward rail. It'll make the gun handle so much better.

Sent from my HTC using magic.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gun71530 View Post
    If you have other pistols, I would.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Traded. Way happy :-)

except i ****ed up the stock already by accidently sitting it on "powder Blast" on the bench, peeled off the polymer laminate coating. Called ruger....Switch it for a brand new one for FREE and they will overnight it to me :-) awesome

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ldirel View Post
    Get it ready for stalking the woods with a synthetic Rhodesian sling, 3 round mag, thread protector, and no forward rail. It'll make the gun handle so much better.

Any links to this sling or similar?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by azeriosu85 View Post
    Any links to this sling or similar?
    Here's how I made mine. It weighs 2.5 oz as shown. I have about $12 in the sling and it works fantastic and I've used it with no issues for 2.5 years now. The GSR is my go to gun hinting pigs, coyote, and dear. Plus it almost always rides with me around the ranch so it has seen a lot of field time. My AR rarely leaves the safe these days.

I later found out Andy of Scoutrifle.org sells a leather version and had coined a name for it based off the customer who requested from Rhodesia. I was just calling it a Ching sling since I patterned it after the Galco "Ching" sling.

It would be a simple enough process to make it more adjustable but no one else shoots my rifle so I've never bothered.

To sling up you simply shove your forearm through the front loop and pull it up above your elbow. It's very fast.
    Last edited by ldirel; 08-06-13 at 04:16.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ldirel View Post

It has a TIS slip cuff sling on it, I prefer it to the Rhodesian almost as fast but allows me to sling up better.

Feedback Score

I can't really tell a difference myself. I shoot about 1.5 moa from slung prone with either style.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Just a quick note on the Ruger polymer mags. Yes they appear to have very weak magazine springs, when loading and playing with them at home I was....unimpressed, however, after putting over 80 rounds through a "weak " one without any incidents i'm thinking it will be a non issue. I shot rapid fire, slow fire, sideways, supporting the rifle on the mag, holding the mag etc, etc. And it was extremely smooth feeding throughout. Now the Steel mag however, pain in the ass, and choppy feeding.

Just my personal experience. Also rifle is very accurate but lets me know how badly i suck standing with Iron sights hahaha
    Last edited by azeriosu85; 08-08-13 at 14:40.

Page 57 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast