Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to Set Up Your Benelli M1 or M2 for 3 Gun

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jtischauser View Post
    Phil Shoots a gun very similar to it. Phil runs a pistol grip gun for increased recoil control just like Taran and Lund do.

I think this gun is actually Mike Seeklanders. Mike Cyrwus from Accurate Iron is out of Jones, OK. He does a bunch of Benelli work on our guns here in OK. The shotgun guru Kurt Miller helps out too.
    I worked for Phil at Shooters Paradise for a summer. His stance/grip is so good he could shoot his full-auto Imbel FAL completely flat but when it ran out of ammo he would almost stumble forward same with a Benelli he could shoot one as fast as he could and it was flat (pistol grip shotgun). When I shot the Area 7 3gun match with him 5yrs ago he was using a M1 with a pistol grip. He was quick to tell people that if you didn't really hold it right it could/would malfunction. I want to modify a Rem 1100/11-87 SpeedFeed stock for my FN SLP Mk1 to better help me do a weak hand reload, I got 5 of the Mountain Man 4 shell caddies that I'm going to try and see if I can adapt to that kind of reload instead of the side saddle and arm band reload.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robb Jensen View Post
    I worked for Phil at Shooters Paradise for a summer. His stance/grip is so good he could shoot his full-auto Imbel FAL completely flat but when it ran out of ammo he would almost stumble forward same with a Benelli he could shoot one as fast as he could and it was flat (pistol grip shotgun). When I shot the Area 7 3gun match 5yrs ago with him he was using a M1 with a pistol grip. He was quick to tell people that if you didn't really hold it right it could/would malfunction. I want to modify a Rem 1100/11-87 SpeedFeed stock for my FN SLP Mk1 to better help me do a weak hand reload, I got 5 of the Mountain Man 4 shell caddies that I'm going to try and see if I can adapt to that kind of reload instead of the side saddle and arm band reload.
    Phil is a heck of a shooter. You are lucky to have got to shoot/train with him. I took both of his competition pistol classes last year and it helped tremendously. After the 2nd advanced class I was beating the A and M class guys at the local matches. I was pretty pumped until I broke my ankle and had to stop training

Feedback Score
    Thanks for posting this thread.

Feedback Score
    Nice! Those Salients are pretty.
    Yeah, I'm pretty stoked about it.

Rich
    "Pressure is what you feel when you don't know what you're doing." - Chuck Knox

For those that say USPSA/IPSC/3-Gun isn't tactical...speed is a tactic!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by uscbigdawg View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty stoked about it.

Rich
    Just shipped my m2 last week too. Looks like ours are in the same batch.. Guy said he had 3 or 4 already. Getting ready to start the batch.. I am excited to get mine back and see how she runs!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You guys should check out that Accurate iron pricing. But I wouldn't if you already shipped your gun to Salient. It will hurt.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You guys should check out that Accurate iron pricing. But I wouldn't if you already shipped your gun to Salient. It will hurt.
    I went to their website to check it out, not a single thing that I could find for benelli work.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by manderson2228 View Post
    I went to their website to check it out, not a single thing that I could find for Benelli work.
    the Accurate Iron website still doesn't seem to have been updated yet, half a year later...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hrt4me View Post
    the Accurate Iron website still doesn't seem to have been updated yet, half a year later...
    It's been like that since Mike started. He's busy as a three legged cat trying to bury a turd on an ice pond. If you hit him up on Facebook, send emails and smoke signals he will eventually get back to you.

I'm headed to his shop tonight. Shoot me an email and I'll pass it along.

Feedback Score
    Sold the Salient and decided to go with Accurate Iron. I consider Mike a friend and better gunsmith. Like Jesse I got him on Facebook and sent him my other M1.

I'm sooooo looking forward to it.

Rich
    "Pressure is what you feel when you don't know what you're doing." - Chuck Knox

For those that say USPSA/IPSC/3-Gun isn't tactical...speed is a tactic!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast