Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Owning duplicate pistols?

Feedback Score
    I like the idea of owning two similar, if not identical pistols, especially if you plan on taking any classes. I was at a class where a guy's pistol went down, and he ended up sitting on the sidelines for half a day. I have a 19 and a 26 and both will fit in both of my holsters. FWIW, my next purchase will probably be another 19 or a 17 for the 9mm trifecta.
    Last edited by eo500; 01-02-11 at 21:09.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I have two H&K P7 PSPs and two P9S' but I have them for different reasons other than carry/training.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I currently own two pistols and they are both M&P 9mm's. One is full-sized and the other is a compact. I carry the compact, but can carry the FS if necessary. I don't see any reason to buy any more pistols of a different platform.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I dont have 2 CCW guns but my wife and I have the same CCW guns and a butt load of mags. So I can see the like minded thinking. They are Glock 19s but a 19 and a 26 would be a good pairing.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    "Two is one. One is none." With that in mind I like to have two of any gun I carry for serious purposes. It gives me a back-up for training. Also keep in mind that if you use the gun in a defensive situation it is likely to be siezed as evidence. Nice to have a second available should that occur.

Feedback Score
    85 (99%)
    I have always been the NOAH of the gun world, two of each. If they work for me two is a minimum number.

Feedback Score
    I'll do you one better.

I have 2 identical M&P 9mms, and the wife has her own Compact version of the same.

Feedback Score
    After having gone through the juvenile collector stage of idiotically wasting money by purchasing one or two of every type of service pistol ever produced, I finally grew-up and realized it is far better to strive to master one quality pistol type, then be perpetually mediocre with many...

As noted by others previously, I strongly recommend purchasing two or three identical pistols once you have decided upon the model that you plan to use, carry, and train with. Just like several wise individuals commented above, I dedicate one pistol for carry after thoroughly vetting function with 1000 or so rounds through it. Another identical pistol is solely used for training--it is shot till it breaks with minimal cleaning or babying during its service life. If I am able to afford a third pistol, it serves as a back-up to the other two and usually sits in an easily accessible safe as a readily available personal defense weapon mounting an x300 light.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Don't ask me. I currently have 4 G19s.

Having duplicates makes sense as others have stated, esp in a training setting. I like being able to share mags, holsters, ammo, etc. It really saves you money in the long run in that respect.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    3 g19s. One for carry, one for training, one for spare.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast