Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Kel-Tec KSG, Dual feed, Bullpup Shotty

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The KSG is really starting to sound like the mutant flipper baby of an Ithaca 37 and a SxS coach gun. In bullpup format, of course. Pretty cool.

So where's the tube selector lever? Can you toggle it without moving your primary hand from the pistol grip and support hand from the slide?

Feedback Score
    NO, if you want to maintain your shooting grip you "must" use your support hand to flip the mag tube selector lever. The lever sits at the front of the loading/ejection port which is located half way between the butt and grip.

MadDog

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Hype or not, Kel-tec or not... if after a year of production (assuming they produce enough) and no major issues...

I've gotta' have one

Feedback Score
    Initial reports from SHOT would seem to support many concerns expressed in this thread - cheap "plastic" feel/low build quality and MSRP in excess of $800.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    cheap "plastic" feel/low build quality and MSRP in excess of $800.
    One of those issues was to be expected. Both is unacceptable.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    we should email fire-bomb them. "we'll buy it, if you'll just please make it quality!"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    we should email fire-bomb them. "we'll buy it, if you'll just please make it quality!"
    If their marketing is any indication, they genuinely believe it IS quality.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Castle View Post
    Initial reports from SHOT would seem to support many concerns expressed in this thread - cheap "plastic" feel/low build quality and MSRP in excess of $800.
    While yes it did feel Plasticy - it also felt much more substantial than say their PMR-30. It did feel like a cheap shotgun, but it balanced wonderfully. It was butt heavy, but I believe that fully loaded it will balance near the center of the gun.

Things I didn't like:
    The grip for racking the action. It was very long, but unless you grip it near the front end you are going to smath your hand/fingers. This is becuase at the bottom it is cut out to allow a full stroke over the grip/trigger area. If you grip too far back you mash you hand into the grip and it both hurts and stops the rack action. This could be alleviated using a handstop etc, but in stock configuration it would be too easy to make this mistake when using them in a hurry.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    i'm sure they're still basically in prototyping stage. unless i'm just spoiled by quality manufacturers and naive when it comes to budget manfers- they should be making improvements as they get feedback on the first releases.

also, keep in mind the fact that this thing just isn't ever going to feel like a broken in 870. just like glock didn't feel like a heavy steel 1911 when they came out. likely, no matter how well they make it, it'll still feel like a cheap piece of shit till it's proven and people are used to it.

i'm not necessarily discouraged by initial reports. but, as i said, i may be naive.

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast