Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Kel-Tec KSG, Dual feed, Bullpup Shotty

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Whootsinator View Post
    I wish KelTec would keep coming up with ideas, and then sell them to a company that can refine them and put out a solid product.
    Because that worked oh so well for Magpul. Has anyone gotten theirs back yet for the recall- was it for burst shooting?

Had to be a bullup- I can't imagine running around with 14 rounds way out there, that would get heavy.

I really want a mag fed pump gun, but kudos to Kel-tec for broadening the envelope.
    I wish KelTec would keep coming up with ideas, and then sell them to a company that can refine them and put out a solid product.
    I don't think I can stress it any more than I have.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't think I can stress it any more than I have.
    It seems as if you may have have encountered bright red, bold, italic, large-point problems with their products?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kal View Post
    This shotgun is conceptually flawed.

It exists soley for states in which SBS's are illegal, and the barrel is lengthened to be as long as possible to keep the overall length over 26".

Without NFA restrictions, a person can shorten a mag fed shotgun and keep the mag capacity the same. No point in creating a bullpup tube fed shotgun.

Now, if there were no such thing as mag fed shotguns, I can see how the kel tec shotgun would be usefull in that you can have a short shotgun without having to lose ammo capacity with conventional SBS's that would have you shorten the tube magazine as well as the barrel.

But if one doesn't want a mag fed shottie - this is a great non-nfa option for a shorty. Not to mention 14+1 is just awesome.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Interesting concept for a breaching gun.
    As it is the current shorty breaching guns don't hold enough to do a three hinge attack without a reload or having to bring up a second breacher. Pump reduces or eliminates ammo incompatibility.
    And I am not a shotgun fan anyway, so as long as it goes "bang" consistently I don't care how damn ugly the thing is or how well I can shoot skeet with it.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Kel-Tec KSG bullpup Shotgun
    -Available 2011
    -MSRP not yet set
    -Yes, it's civilian legal (18.5" barrel, 26" OAL), identical size to the RFB, just a little wider.
    -Cylinder bore, feeds 12 gage-2.75", 14+1 rounds. (barrel is chambered for 3" shells)
    -manually switched dual-tube mag (7 rounds each mag), switch is behind the grip, at the front of the loading/ejection opening. Switch can be centered to un-chamber a round without re-chambering.
    -bottom ejecting and loading

John

Feedback Score
    It appears the cheek weld is nothing more than the receiver? That is gonna leave a mark!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Interesting concept for a breaching gun.
    As it is the current shorty breaching guns don't hold enough to do a three hinge attack without a reload or having to bring up a second breacher.
    Failure2stop, is that with the 5+1 "Enhanced" 500's or with the shorty 870's? All the folks I have talked to about the enhanced 500/590's have been happy with their capacity, over the 870s.

Of course that could have been perspective, ie, "I hate to tell this guy his shit sucks to his face."

I'm interested in this KSG for several reasons. Mostly to find out if it works, and if so were then does it fit into the roles of a shotgun. If I can get ahold of one in 2011 at a resonable price I'll give it a go I suppose. To bad I'm not going to SHOT this year....
    pro-patria.us

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Castle View Post
    It appears the cheek weld is nothing more than the receiver? That is gonna leave a mark!
    It's double layered with 1.6mmx2 sheet metal like the RBF so any explosion is vented down out the bottom ejection port/tube loader. The receiver is in an upside down wedge shape, so that too will direct any blast down.
    Last edited by Phazuka; 01-04-11 at 13:35.
    Low Speed, High Drag Phone Operator

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DMR View Post
    Failure2stop, is that with the 5+1 "Enhanced" 500's or with the shorty 870's? All the folks I have talked to about the enhanced 500/590's have been happy with their capacity, over the 870s.

Of course that could have been perspective, ie, "I hate to tell this guy his shit sucks to his face."
    Ha!
    Nah, I've only used shorty 870s.
    I really like the concept of being able to spend 9 shots on hinges and still have 5 on tap, in the same working length as a 5 shot shorty.

I say these things having never seen it with my own two eyes, so I am on board with the concept only at this point.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phazuka View Post
    It's double layered with 1.6mmx2 sheet metal like the RBF so any explosion is vented down out the bottom ejection port/tube loader. The receiver is in an upside down wedge shape, so that too will direct any blast down.
    I was more concerned with heat after blasting thru 15 rounds in short order

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast