Thread: Will 33-rd 9mm Glock mag work in a Glock .40 S&W?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Will 33-rd 9mm Glock mag work in a Glock .40 S&W?

Picked up one cheap as a novelty, but don't yet own a 9mm Glock... (Plan on getting a Glock 19 soon though...)

I remember reading that the 9mm Glock mags can be used for .40 S&W when no other option exists...

So, will this 33-round Glock 9mm mag work in my Glock .40?

The .40 round fits and the mag snaps in securely, and it even cycles by hand... but I have not live fired it yet.

Anyone else try this? Did it work? That 33-rd mag looks like fun...

Rmpl
    "Our destruction... will be from another quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence..."
    ...Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmplstlskn View Post
    Picked up one cheap as a novelty, but don't yet own a 9mm Glock... (Plan on getting a Glock 19 soon though...)

I remember reading that the 9mm Glock mags can be used for .40 S&W when no other option exists...

So, will this 33-round Glock 9mm mag work in my Glock .40?

The .40 round fits and the mag snaps in securely, and it even cycles by hand... but I have not live fired it yet.

Anyone else try this? Did it work? That 33-rd mag looks like fun...

Rmpl
    The 9MM Glocks use the same exact frame as the 40S&W so the mags will fit. The problem is the lips of the mag in 40 is obviously wider than the 9. It may work but it isn't something I would have any trust in.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
    The 9MM Glocks use the same exact frame as the 40S&W so the mags will fit. The problem is the lips of the mag in 40 is obviously wider than the 9. It may work but it isn't something I would have any trust in.
    No trust.... Just some fun.

I'll try it out soon, if I ever make it to the range.

Rmpl
    "Our destruction... will be from another quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence..."
    ...Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

Feedback Score
    Scherer makes the extended mags for calibers other than 9mm. If it's just for fun I'd give those a try (pretty pricey though).