Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: +P In A 1911?

Feedback Score
    Golden Sabre is OK, but not high on my list.

Stick with the loads mentioned here: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=19887.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post

Stick with the loads mentioned here: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=19887.
    Is it not high on your list for .45 only or all calibers?
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas View Post
    Is it not high on your list for .45 only or all calibers?
    DocGKR lists the 147gr 9mm variety of Golden Saber as one of the loads "demonstrating outstanding terminal performance and can be considered acceptable for duty/self-defense use" in the link he provided. The 180gr .40 S&W Golden Saber is listed too. There is no mention of any .45 Golden Sabers.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbonez View Post
    DocGKR lists the 147gr 9mm variety of Golden Saber as one of the loads "demonstrating outstanding terminal performance and can be considered acceptable for duty/self-defense use" in the link he provided. The 180gr .40 S&W Golden Saber is listed too. There is no mention of any .45 Golden Sabers.
    I guess that I should have paid more attention, thanks.
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post

Thanks. I will try a Corbon load with the Barnes XPB bullet.
    "No you do not have to think; it is an act of moral choice. But someone had to think to keep you alive; if you choose to default, you default on existance and you pass the deficit to some moral man, expecting him to sacrifice his good for the sake of letting you survive by your evil." - John Galt

Feedback Score
    I put a #18 recoil spring in my Norinco for +p loads, and it will still feed cheep 230gr FMJ to. Their was no feed problems, and the last round would lock the slide back every time. So go for the +p rounds, but I would not recommend using any thing less then a #18 spring.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by payj View Post
    While it may be overkill to begin with, is it even something you want to do? Or could it ruin/hurt the gun?
    I know some others have chimed in, but let's look at the facts:

A quick Wikipedia check says .45 ACP +P pressure is 23,000 PSI and 10MM Auto is 37,500 PSI. There are plenty of 10MM 1911 guns out there. Just saying...

Feedback Score
    A close friend of mine does some of the initial ballistics for Corbon, and I must say the DPX is very impressive. Kinda expensive, but it truly does perform quite well. Just saying...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fmjoe View Post
    I know some others have chimed in, but let's look at the facts:

A quick Wikipedia check says .45 ACP +P pressure is 23,000 PSI and 10MM Auto is 37,500 PSI. There are plenty of 10MM 1911 guns out there. Just saying...
    Many of the 10mm 1911's have problems with the frames cracking as well.

The thing of it is, the wear isn't so much from the pressure, it's from increased slide velocity. (which I suppose is a bi-product of pressure, but it isn't he pressure directly)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Followthehollow View Post
    Many of the 10mm 1911's have problems with the frames cracking as well.

The thing of it is, the wear isn't so much from the pressure, it's from increased slide velocity. (which I suppose is a bi-product of pressure, but it isn't he pressure directly)
    I have an aluminum framed 10mm 1911 with over 40,000 full power (220 PF +) rounds shot though it and the frame isn't cracked, work, or violated in any manner. Frame cracking of 10mm 1911s is so 20 years ago.
    I'm an FFL/gunsmith, not the holster company. We specialize in subsonic ammunition and wholesale rifles.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast