Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What are the Winchester

Feedback Score
    $15.72 at our WallyWorld here in NW Indiana

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
    But it's for your 9mm carbine, right?

They generally ask if it is for a rifle or a pistol.
    New policy(according to the clerk) is that to buy any round capable of being fired buy a pistol you must be 21 years of age or older.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    New policy(according to the clerk) is that to buy any round capable of being fired buy a pistol you must be 21 years of age or older.

That is correct and believe has been their policy for a long time.

C4

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    That is correct and believe has been their policy for a long time.

C4
    Maybe where you are, not true here on my last purchase (early July). The cash register had a prompt for "pistol" or "rifle" when a pistol caliber was being purchased. If they keyed "pistol", computer read "21?"; "rifle" read "18?". Perhaps it has changed since then. (I noticed this when they rang up 60 boxes of .45 ACP and 13 boxes of 9mm Blazer Brass.)

BTW, .223 Rem. will go in a Thompson Contender. A pistol. So an 18 YO then should not be able to buy it at WM? Do any .22 LR pistols exist? If so, you can only buy .22LR if over 21? Really?
    Last edited by Submariner; 08-24-07 at 17:58. Reason: date of purchase
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    $14.77 + 8.75% tax...

Spooky

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Pistol or rifle?

Just bought 11 Federal .22 LR bulk packs tonight at ChinaMart. Prices are supposed to change tomorrow.

Checker asked if it was for pistol (screen said "Pistol? 21?" I said, "No, rifle."

Screen changed to "Rifle? 18?"

Same as a couple of months ago.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score

One of the nice ladies at the counter commented, "We sure have sold a lot of ammo this weekend."
    GLOCK PREFECTION

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    In the upper fifteens here in Eastern N.C.

Keith

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Still $15.72 in Southern Indiana.

Bass Pro had them for $13.49 second week in August.

Feedback Score
    $15.72 plus 8.25% tax in the Dallas area Wally Worlds (home of the Third World shopper).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast