Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much ammo is enough? (Who are the ammo whores!)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart View Post
    I've only got a couple hundred of rounds loaded, but I've got a couple thousand cases yet to process.

I'm about 6 bench-hours away from having 1,000 more rounds. After that I'll probbaly need to pick up some more bullets and primers.
    Jmart....

I reload as well, and I am amazed at how hard it is to find my personal favorite "Blasting Bullet". Hornady 55gn FMJBT w/c. Man these things are accurate as hell out of my MRP. I use to pay $50 per thousand, and now I see them for $65 per thousand but no availability.

I'm sure if I really looked i could find them, but I'm not in the need right now, although I have about 6000 rounds of empty brass that needs to be processed.

I gotta believe the supply will get better over time as suppliers either ramp up, or the demand starts to drop. I pray the demand starts to drop first.

Tack

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toddackerman View Post
    Jmart....

I reload as well, and I am amazed at how hard it is to find my personal favorite "Blasting Bullet". Hornady 55gn FMJBT w/c. Man these things are accurate as hell out of my MRP. I use to pay $50 per thousand, and now I see them for $65 per thousand but no availability.

I'm sure if I really looked i could find them, but I'm not in the need right now, although I have about 6000 rounds of empty brass that needs to be processed.

I gotta believe the supply will get better over time as suppliers either ramp up, or the demand starts to drop. I pray the demand starts to drop first.

Tack
    Have you tried contacting Hornady and seing about a drop shipment? I've never done it personally but I've read from several that have in the past. They seem to like it.

I've just purchased most of my components at gun shows. Ash Johnson from A & T Specialty Shop in Aurora usually has a pretty good selection of primers and bullets for reasonable prices. I see in another thread you mentioned you competed in IPSC in CO, so be on the look out for him. I know he deals in shows in Denver and Colo Springs routinely, he probably travels to others as well.

PM me if you want his contact info.

Feedback Score
    Jmart...

Thanks for the info. When I'm ready to reload about 6000 cases, I'll keep this in mind. I have about 2000 "bullets" in my training stash right now, with 1,000 loaded.

I had no idea Hornady drop shipped directly to customers.

Thanks!

Tack

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    While I don't know how much is enough...
    I do know that I don't have enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    In case anyone is keeping score, Cameron just won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    Cameron won again.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy196 View Post
    I personally dont own more than a couple magazines worth of ammo.

Ive never owned more than that, and probably never will.

And if I did, I sure as shit wouldnt post the quantities and pictures of it on the internet.

Does that include your stockpile of bird shot for SHTF??
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I admit to being an ammo whore. It's good universal currency.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12