Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Express Vs Police.... what about Tactical

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoTex View Post
    Does this occur with a variety of ammo?
    Yes, small game low brass WIN, Hornady TAP, Win slugs or 00, Remington express long range. all 2-3/4". Seems to more so be tied to the speed in which I work the action. It is like the rim of the case is hanging up on the ejection port and is sticking half way out the port. If I slow down it does not do it as bad. But the gun has never really thrown the spent cases far from the start.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Something you could try that might work and is easy and cheap.

Replace your stock MIM extractor with a forged police extractor. While you're at it, change the spring.

It'll cost you like $10 and it's a recommended upgrade anyway.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Are those midwayusa items?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yes, but midway is currently out of stock. I'd highly recommend ordering from AIP Tactical.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoTex View Post
    Yes, but midway is currently out of stock. I'd highly recommend ordering from AIP Tactical.
    Thanks, I sent AIP an email. Hopefully the upgrade will work.

Feedback Score
    I am wondering if you have a rough chamber. Polishing the chamber could be your solution. Try putting a 12 gauge bore brush and rod in your cordless drill. Wrap some fine 000 steel wool soaked in oil around the bore brush and polish the chamber to get rid of any rough spots.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by terrymo View Post
    I am wondering if you have a rough chamber. Polishing the chamber could be your solution. Try putting a 12 gauge bore brush and rod in your cordless drill. Wrap some fine 000 steel wool soaked in oil around the bore brush and polish the chamber to get rid of any rough spots.
    The spent case/hull comes out of the chamber fine, it just doesn't make it out of the ejection port. It is like the brass end of the spent case flips 180 degrees and the base of the case is now pointed toward the chamber and the plastic part of the case is hanging out of the ejection port.

Feedback Score
    I had an 870 express that did the same thing in high round count mulitple day trainings. It was the worst when the barrel was hot and dirty after firing many rounds in a row quickly on a course of fire. I am not an armorer, but wondered if the rough chamber is creating drag which in turn makes it more difficult to extract from the chamber, which then makes the hull more difficult to fully eject. Hopefully some more experienced people will weigh in on this.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by terrymo View Post
    I had an 870 express that did the same thing in high round count mulitple day trainings. It was the worst when the barrel was hot and dirty after firing many rounds in a row quickly on a course of fire. I am not an armorer, but wondered if the rough chamber is creating drag which in turn makes it more difficult to extract from the chamber, which then makes the hull more difficult to fully eject. Hopefully some more experienced people will weigh in on this.
    It makes sense, but the performance improves if I slow down while working the action. I am going to take a closer look and see if I am missing something in the chamber.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The reason I suggested the extractor upgrade is because I'm thinking there may be weak extractor tension.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast