Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: U.S. Palm Ballistic Armor

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

U.S. Palm Ballistic Armor

I have been reading a lot about U.S. Palm ballistic armor systems over the past few months and while this type of armor can't replace a properly fitted full coverage body armor package this may not be the worst choice for a get home or safe room use. I did a search here on M-4 and had a negative return but if its but discussed before please list a link.

http://www.us-palm.com/index.php?opt...=product&id=10

Feedback Score
    I am interested in this too.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It looks like a good cheap option to investigate a bump in the night. Its gotta be better than going out plain clothed. I think this would be great for us with more pressing financial obligations to at least get some cheap insurance.
    "Oh, its a wonderful day! My sun is shining, my birds are chirping, my humongous chicken defeated Elmo." Huxley

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    I'll admit that I've thought that a plate carrier with plate backers would make a practical armor solution for us regular folks.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The MSRP is $199.00 for the level 3-A front panel and your choice of carrier and $299.00 for both front and rear panels with carrier. I don't know if the level 3-A panels are certified to current acceptable standards but I'M going to contact the seller to see what info they can provide.
    Last edited by PA PATRIOT; 01-07-11 at 20:15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phila PD View Post
    The MSRP is $199.00 for the level 3-A front panel and your choice of carrier and $299.00 for both front and rear panels with carrier. I don't know if the level 3-A panels are certified to current acceptable standards but I'M going to contact the seller to see what info they can provide.
    Let us know what you find out--this might be a little bit of inexpensive help to keep next to the HD weapon in case something goes "bump in the night"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Here is a video of the defender getting shot put out by U.S. Palm, I don't know what if any controls were used so I would not take the video results as gospel to the products fitness for any use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIRaw...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z04VA...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3EB0...eature=related
    Last edited by PA PATRIOT; 01-08-11 at 19:32.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have been looking at this myself. I did a little research on this and there are a few threads about this product and as I recall, the opinions were for the most part positive to neutral.

I'll agree that it isn't the best possible armor, but I think it would really be handy as a quick-don vest or as a second set of body armor for family/friends during civil unrest.

I would be interested in knowing how well this would conceal (the vest with just the Molle web) under a heavy shirt or light jacket

Palm also sells a Level IV plate carrier with plates, but consensus here is that the plates are designed for aircrew who occupy static positions and thus heavier and allow for less arm movement than proper plates.
    “The ruling class doesn’t care about public safety. Having made it very difficult for States and localities to police themselves, having left ordinary citizens with no choice but to protect themselves as best they can, they now try to take our guns away. In fact they blame us and our guns for crime. This is so wrong that it cannot be an honest mistake.” – former U.S. Sen. Malcolm Wallop (R-Wy.)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    On the US Palm Defender, can it be upgraded with a cumberbund of other maker? I'd get the Molle version and wear it on occasion like trips to the grocery store and bank under a t-shirt or regular clothes and still be able to attach a rack of mags or handgun holster and mags/flashlight pouch for HD. Another option for the molle version is wearing it under my hard armor PC.

The Airsave plates for the other US Palm product are Aircrew armor plates. They weigh 20lbs and aren't cut for shooters making shouldering a rifle more difficult. I was looking into this set but decided on a Diamondback FAP-C and Bulletproofme.com shooter cut level 4 ceramic plates and soft lvl 3a side armor fpr my hard armor rig.
    Last edited by Phazuka; 01-09-11 at 16:35.
    Low Speed, High Drag Phone Operator

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'M still waiting for a reply to a list of questions I e-mailed to U.S. Palm Ballistic, I received a auto reply a few days ago but no hard info yet.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast