Thread: New shooter in Georgia

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

New shooter in Georgia

I just joined the forum after learning a lot through lurking for several months. There's so much knowledge here!

Less than a month ago, I bought my first centerfire rifle, a DDM4v3. I've taken it to the range twice and put 300 rounds through it. Unfortunately, I've only had access to a 25yd indoor range (Hi-Caliber in Holly Springs, GA), so I haven't been able to try longer distances. Even at this relatively short distance, though, I don't think my accuracy is very good. I can keep all my hits on a target printed on 8.5"x11" paper, but they're all over the paper. Every now and then I can get some tight groups, but never consistently.

I'm signed up for a carbine course in March that should help with technique, but I hope to be doing better between now and then. Is this to be expected when I have so little experience with the rifle?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Do you have any other rifle experience? Rimfires are cheap to shoot and the training is just as good. Not trying to sell you a gun or anything, but if you are so inclined rimfire is a great way to blow through 500 rounds for less than the cost of a tank of gas

Also, check for any Appleseed shoots in your area. Appleseed will hit you with the fundamentals like nothing else, and no matter what your skill level, you'll leave a better rifleman. http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

Feedback Score
    give me a shout if you want to go to the range
    I would be happy to help a new shooter

Mike