Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noveske KX3 Do you like them??

Feedback Score

Noveske KX3 Do you like them??

The title explains it all, looking for feedback on Noveske KX3 owners and if you like them or not..Thanks in advance..

Feedback Score
    I had one on my 10.5 LMT for a few hours. I thought it was heavy and couldn't really find any benefits. I sold it after my first range session.

Some people claim it helps ensure reliability of SBR's, but a properly built SBR shouldn't need one.

YMMV, of course.

Feedback Score
    I see them as having extremely limited use and heavy. Most things they do would be better accomplished with a suppressor, proper gas port dimensions, or ear protection.

Functions:
    1. Increase back pressure on SBRs.
    2. "Soften" the concussion on SBRs.
    I keep hearing about my gun rights, but I just can't seem to find them.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I have seen LMT 10.5's that wouldn't run with under powered ammo and then put a KX3 on and they ran. LMT uses small gas ports as they build their 10.5's for FA use.

Any other 10.5 shouldn't need the KX3.

Another nice thing about the KX3 is that it makes the weapon much quieter. The down side to it, is that it is heavy and expensive and doesn't kill any flash.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Another nice thing about the KX3 is that it makes the weapon much quieter.
    C4
    Just to clarify this statement, the KX3 doesn't offer any sound suppression. It simply redirects much of the muzzle blast away from the shooter. As a result, the rifle seems a bit "quieter" to anyone behind the rifle.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRich View Post
    Just to clarify this statement, the KX3 doesn't offer any sound suppression. It simply redirects much of the muzzle blast away from the shooter. As a result, the rifle seems a bit "quieter" to anyone behind the rifle.

Yes, that is correct.

C4

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I really like my KX3. Until I can afford to get a suppressor (sometime next year) I will continue to run a KX3 on my LMT 10.5" upper. I don't mind the weight, and the way the KX3 redirects the blast forward is something I very much appreciate. I find short barrelled ARs with "regular" flash suppressors to be unpleasant and obnoxious due to the noise and concussive blast, but obviously every individual shooter has their own threshold for that sort of thing. To me, a 10.5" with a KX3 sounds and feels like a 16" barrel with an A2 on it. In my case, my budget limits me to shooting mostly commercial-spec ammo, so I like the fact that the KX3 helps (as Grant pointed out) with reliability as well.

Derek
    An evil soul wields an evil sword.

Feedback Score
    I have a little over 35,000 rounds fired through 4 different guns using the Noveske Krink since April of 2005.
    I wrote a story that talked about this in the Sept 2005 issue of SWAT.

What it isn't. A suppressor
    What it is. A FS that directs the noise appx 12-18" in front of the muzzle.
    That may not be much on a square range, but it is substantial indoors. We noticed that we didn't have the major headaches indoors when using them/ teams using them.

While it would be nice for all guns to be perfect, it ain't gonna' happen. The KX3 offers a tad more back pressure or other voodoo component that keeps guns functioning when they might otherwise be prone to sluggish.

Bottom line here is this. What you like or don't is useful only within the context of you- especially if your total time with it is minimal.
    Others have a different view, based on what they do and how they use the gun. Things like weight may or may not be an issue when compared to reliability.

As an example, i have no use for a 7.62x51 caliber M700 with a Redfield optic- but others might. I have a few thosand rounds downrange in such a platform, but i am way out of my lane to talk about its usefulness for anothers mission requirement.
    See "The Perfect Carbine" in an older SWAT magazine to have it explained better.

Madcop 94, hope this helps.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat_Rogers View Post
    As an example, i have no use for a 7.62x51 caliber M700 with a Redfield optic- but others might.
    If you had a good scope on it, you might like it more.
    Randall Rausch
    AR15 Barrel Guru

Feedback Score
    Oh, i agree completely, but that was in the day....
    The optic wasn't the issue of course, just that i didn't do that anymore.
    Ergo, my skill sets with that platform diminished.
    But you knew that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast