Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noveske KX3 Do you like them??

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

it aint heavy its my KX3 ...

I dig the hell out of my 'PIG' even on a 14.5 Noveske in a rifle length VIS I think the weight issue is negligable. Although I benefit from years of lifting weights am I still chisled ? Do you care ? No - good, I am nearly at the half century mark or over the hill and read guys who have to be half my age and in better shape saying the KX3 is too heavy ... sure if its not for you for whatever reason your call but its not too heavy. 'madcop94' you can handle it !
    my .2 cents

wilco roger over and out !

Michael
    The things we own end up owning us ...

If experience is the best teacher then pain is the best experience ! ...MRG

LUKE 22:35

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I ran one on a 11.5" upper for 7K rounds or so. It worked well. I shot about 4K rounds or so through the gun at the Blackwater Carbine Operators course last year (5days). The rifle ran 100%.

It doesn't add that much length to a barrel over an A2. Only about an inch or so. Here's a pic of the 11.5" AR with another 11.5" above it to show the respective differences.

Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat_Rogers View Post
    Bottom line here is this. What you like or don't is useful only within the context of you- especially if your total time with it is minimal.
    Others have a different view, based on what they do and how they use the gun. Things like weight may or may not be an issue when compared to reliability.
    Words to live by, but sadly some people just can't grasp this concept for some reason.
    The luxury of freedom was not free.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had a KX3 on my SBR (10.5" LMT upper) and loved it. But I had to replace it with a regular A2 FH because I could not take it apart to clean it. I even put anti-sieze compound on the threads before I put it on.

If I can figure out to prevent it from freezzing up, I'd put i back on. FWIW, I have had 100% reliability with both the KX3 and the A2 FH.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    I ran one on a 11.5" upper for 7K rounds or so. It worked well. I shot about 4K rounds or so through the gun at the Blackwater Carbine Operators course last year (5days). The rifle ran 100%.

It doesn't add that much length to a barrel over an A2. Only about an inch or so. Here's a pic of the 11.5" AR with another 11.5" above it to show the respective differences.

Seems like everyone here has an SBR but me...

Seriously though, these are beautiful. I will say that even if I could get one, I might rather forsake the shorter barrel for the extra velocity of the 14.5". I know these are close quarters weapons, though. Probably pass on the KX3 for my AR's, but I have never seen them on 14.5"s and longer anyway. I suppose that is because the concussion and noise are worse with the SBR being closer to the shooter. That and the shorted barrel itself has a louder report, I believe.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12